Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can coilovers be so cheap on Ebay... I guess I got to do some more research before I start upgrading my suspension.

$70.00 for coilovers... sounds so tempting what wrong with this picture.. if I still have the stock suspension on a 1998 lude?

what do you guys/gals recommend I do to upgrade my susp. since obviously Im lookin at ebay... funds arent that high.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Yep, but you can pay $50 for a Kraco head unit or $2000 for an Alpine DVD. It all depends on if you want quality and features. If it's not a name brand, I sure wouldn't buy it off Ebay. And by name brand, I don't mean those Megan headers and exhaust. Megan? Are they serious???

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by fmshaw1971 ...And by name brand, I don't mean those Megan headers and exhaust. Megan? Are they serious??? [/B]
You noticed that too, huh? I crack up every time I see those :laugh:

I guess they're hoping the prospective buyer will misread their ad, or that someone told them Mugen was the best header, then they go look on ebay but can't quite remember the name they were told:"...what was it? Mugen? Megan? Yeah, that sounds right, Megan..."

Stoopid... :laugh:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I love Megan Headers!

they go so nicely with my APC stickers, and LED window washer squirters...

If only they would make a Platinum chain steering wheel... instead of that silver color... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
244 Posts
i thought they were mugen at first and that they made a typo..until i looked at them. also noticed the long line of megan stuff on ebay.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
hey hey hey i have megan engine parts and shes still running strong.....

j/k..MUGEN for me

·
Registered
804 Posts
dont buy crappy ebay parts, remember these are going on your car, why would u wanna risk screwing something up?

·
Registered
414 Posts
THUNDERCAT98 said:
I love Megan Headers!

they go so nicely with my APC stickers, and LED window washer squirters...

If only they would make a Platinum chain steering wheel... instead of that silver color... :bigthumb:
^^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Megan, :laugh: :laugh:
you know that Megan make exhaust too right?:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
damn, this went OT hella fast :laugh: ebay is so damn ridiculous.....you gotta weed through all the ish there that it's not really worth buyin stuff anymore unless you really look hard. I never buy anything off of ebay unless it's something that I know is real an good quality....the reason that those coilovers are so cheap is cuz they are actually CHEAP...made cheap from cheap parts an won't last long/work right on your car. do not get them. save up instead an buy something good.

remember....you get what you pay for. that doesn't apply to deals/hookups/sales....it applies to ish on ebay an other places :nono:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I bought my reverse indiglos from Ebay, and I love them. Don't knock all EBay stuff.

But yeah, those coilovers seem like a really bad idea... I'd stay away from those...

·
Registered
104 Posts
The cheap coilovers on Ebay aren't real coilovers. They are merely coilover sleeves. If you're gonna go with coilovers, do it right. In my opinion, Tein and JIC are among the best.

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
i love the ROYS Engineering wheels.

:laugh: :laugh:

i believe aerospeed made some TE-37 knock offs with ROYS stickers. :laugh: :laugh:

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
you get what you pay for, also never have i seen the word "style" abused so much, "racing hart style, volk style, veilside style, etc" :rolleyes: :laugh:

·
Registered
263 Posts
azninside said:
damn, this went OT hella fast :laugh: po.com is so damn ridiculous.....you gotta weed through all my posts here that it's not really worth readin stuff anymore unless you really look hard.

hahahahah:laugh: :laugh: im just playin man. i had to do it

·
Registered
385 Posts
azninside said:
damn, this went OT hella fast :laugh: ebay is so damn ridiculous.....you gotta weed through all the ish there that it's not really worth buyin stuff anymore unless you really look hard. I never buy anything off of ebay unless it's something that I know is real an good quality....the reason that those coilovers are so cheap is cuz they are actually CHEAP...made cheap from cheap parts an won't last long/work right on your car. do not get them. save up instead an buy something good.

remember....you get what you pay for. that doesn't apply to deals/hookups/sales....it applies to ish on ebay an other places :nono:
You want ridiculous?

How about it took me 3 1/2 hours to take out and put on my AEM CAI?!?! That crazy or what? lol

If you get cheap stuff then you should own a Kia or Daewoo and should'nt even be on this forum.

OH... BTW, I hit my head (i think-might explain the 3.5 hrs) when i was changing out my CAI and dont remember a couple things, but it did go on right and no CEL's, didnt realize you had to take so much crap off the car!:laugh: :bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts