·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch out my rims on my car from these
ROTA SUBZERO 17s ALL white wheels

to these
ADR RS LIMITED 17s in GUNMETAL with polished lip

My rims are 17s +48 Offset 16.9lbs with 215/45 zr17 tire..... the new wheels will be 17s +43 offset 17.1lbs

DO you all think it will be a worthy upgrade?

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
How about Wheel and Tire Forum? :malken:

Aside from changing the color, I don't see much of a reason to change. The offset is less, though with 17's I don't think it would be an issue. And they weigh more, though its 2/10's of a pound.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
silverbullit2K1 said:
How about Wheel and Tire Forum? :malken:

Aside from changing the color, I don't see much of a reason to change. The offset is less, though with 17's I don't think it would be an issue. And they weigh more, though its 2/10's of a pound.
How about... this forum will give me more responses You ASS:rolleyes:

aside from changing color.... UMMM thats the whole point... IS TO change the color. LUKE been telling me to swap them out for a while now. I want something else but cant find anything thats light ....cheap ...and looks semi Good.

·
6,762 Posts
Well it looks like you got moved anyway. :p

If all you wanted to do was change the color, then I would've said go ahead. I thought you were looking for an entire package where it was lighter, more durable, etc. If thats not the case, then go for it. :shrug:

You could always jack Luke's Volks... :eek:

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i think those look awesome...i say get them

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
silverbullit2K1 said:
Well it looks like you got moved anyway. :p

If all you wanted to do was change the color, then I would've said go ahead. I thought you were looking for an entire package where it was lighter, more durable, etc. If thats not the case, then go for it. :shrug:

You could always jack Luke's Volks... :eek:
I would love to change the style... but i cant find anything that i like and that looks sporty ...and fits in my budget.
Everything is soo expensive and heavy.. and thats a :nono: my SS is already slow as is... getting it more slow is just stupid.

·
6,762 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:

I would love to change the style... but i cant find anything that i like and that looks sporty ...and fits in my budget.
Everything is soo expensive and heavy.. and thats a :nono: my SS is already slow as is... getting it more slow is just stupid.
I hear ya. I love the SSR GT1's in 18" trim... but they cost $1600 for the rims alone. :eek:

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm open of suggestions...if ANYONE has any>??

Silverbulit what you think ... u saw my car in CT ..do you think its worht swaping it out. The numbers are different like weight and offset. i just dont want to get into any problems like rubbing.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
the only place i can think of that you would rub would be in the rear and all you would have to do is cut the tab...if applicable(i dont know if you have a body kit or not) i rubbed in the rear with my 18 inch C5's i cut the tab and no more rub

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats the only place that i dont want to rub at. As of now... i have no problem what so ever with rubbing. But i really dont want to cut anything or trim anything.
I do have a body kit... WW RS kit

All is left is to sell the current rims.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i dunno man, +43 offset is getting out there. i'd say, that if you're dropped much, and with a 45 series tire, you may be in for a bunch of rub-a-dub in the rear. i have +45 rota subs, because from what i understand, rota doesn't manufacture that rim in +48 anymore.....which pisses me off cuz the +48's that i used to have didn't rub at all. but if they do rub, you could always take 'em to a machine shop and they would be able to mill a few mm's of the inside contact surface, and put whatever offset you want on them.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
qualude98sh said:
i dunno man, +43 offset is getting out there. i'd say, that if you're dropped much, and with a 45 series tire, you may be in for a bunch of rub-a-dub in the rear. i have +45 rota subs, because from what i understand, rota doesn't manufacture that rim in +48 anymore.....which pisses me off cuz the +48's that i used to have didn't rub at all. but if they do rub, you could always take 'em to a machine shop and they would be able to mill a few mm's of the inside contact surface, and put whatever offset you want on them.
REALLY... where can you get that done at? never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:
I'm open of suggestions...if ANYONE has any>??

Silverbulit what you think ... u saw my car in CT ..do you think its worht swaping it out. The numbers are different like weight and offset. i just dont want to get into any problems like rubbing.
I think you should get them....they'll look great an you're not gaining a lot more weight, so it'd be worth it. the look alone is part of the reason why you get rims ;) :D

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE,
Went to the shop today to look at wheels. The guy said i can pick them up for $380 out the door for Gunmetal with polished lip.

The only thing is ...when i saw the wheel ...they dont look anything like the subzeros i have on now. The Central HUB is bigger (where lug nuts go) this makes the spokes shorter and they are a lot more thicker....so they are not as thin as the spokes on the subzeros.

I am going back there... in a few days to take pics of a few rims that my friend wants to get and the once that i like..so that i can photoshop them on my car.

stay tuned to my dilema.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
SK please take some clean pics of the ADR's I was considering buying these since I can get them with tires and lugs for $710 shipped.

they only weigh 18 pounds but I can't seem to find a decent pic of them to photochop onto my car

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good thing you posted... i'm was just about to drive there and take pics.

I will not take pics of exect rims... just of rims in color and size i want and just a few others. That way you guys can use them to photoshop it on yours.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts