Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my skunk 2 from the groupbuy. i'm gonna get them istalled at carboy. thats what they qouted me and about 3hrs labor. i didnt think it would take that long to install. that a reasonable price right?

i also plan on getting TRM how much do those run for 01 prelude. do i have to take off the exhaust for emissions?

i'm tryin to break in the car for turbo.
anything else i can do to prep the ride.

------------------
01 prelude nighthawkblack 5sp all stock...........or is it???????

·
Registered
825 Posts
nah dont do it. i have Skunk2 cam gears too and the labor just cost to damn much. the best thing to do is just hold on to it till you get your timing belt done because they are going to take the belt out anyway. you aint going to really feel the cam gears anyway unless you do cams too. i only have 19k in my car now and i'm just going to wait or maybe just even sell them.

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
56 Posts
stay away from carboy if you can...because they over charge like a mofo...i needed shocks, so i asked them how much for some konis and installation...and they quoted me $660 for the shocks and $140 for the install...that's hella over priced...that's only one instance...they act like they're the only performance shop in houston...well they're not...check around other shops first

viet

·
Registered
327 Posts
What's up Viet?! Listen to what Viet said. I avoid Carboy like the plague for many reasons. I would probably venture to install those myself, can't be too hard. But definately check around other shops. Unfortunately if you want to dyno-tune, Carboy is your best option.

Daniel

grnlude97

BTW VIET I need to speak with you!

[This message has been edited by grnlude97 (edited April 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wanted to ask you about the strobes you bought. I can't find them anywhere! I went to 4 different Pep Boys and nothing. I might just have to steal them man. You put them in yet? If you see some buy them and I'll pay you for em. Look out for a brotha! ha ha

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yes i agree too that carboy overcharges but they know what they're doing. Personally i would install myself b/c i just like working on my own car. but if you want to take to a shop...check out other places like racing evolution, twinpower. I like Hyper Racing..they're very knowledgable and cool guys. And i know they them pretty also.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here. In my experience, the prices I get from CarBoy are crazy expensive...

</font>
I been to carboy before...small shop

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

·
Registered
56 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grnlude97:
I wanted to ask you about the strobes you bought. I can't find them anywhere! I went to 4 different Pep Boys and nothing. I might just have to steal them man. You put them in yet? If you see some buy them and I'll pay you for em. Look out for a brotha! ha ha

Daniel

grnlude97
</font>
i guess i'll buy some for you...or else you'll steal mine...hehe anyways, i haven't installed those bad boys yet...i'm still trying to decide where to put them...i was thinking about installing them where the interior dome lights are

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
H23lude-wheres this hyper racing at? and racing evolution. will this helms manual help me install these.

------------------
01 prelude nighthawkblack 5sp all stock...........or is it???????

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hyper is in SE houston. They're right off 45 and Airport. Actually near hobby airport.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts