Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Shirt Rippa
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my DC sports short ram with an Injen CAI, and the car feels like it has just a little more edge to it. :D Is it b\c it's cold air, or becuase the intake is from a better company? I wonder. Either way, I'm happy with the new purchase. Hooray for CAI.

P.S: if anybody is looking for a dc sports short ram.... let me know.

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
Your car can breathe.

It isn't sucking in all the hot air from the engine compartment anymore.

How was the sound change?? Noticeable ;) :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get the DC cold air extension? I think I may just get that for my DC short ram this summer.

·
Shirt Rippa
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fmshaw1971 said:
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get the DC cold air extension? I think I may just get that for my DC short ram this summer.
Last time I checked, they didn't make an extension for the prelude. I don't really like DC Sports that much anymore either. I think their products are not as good as other companies. But that's just an opinion.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well i think the DC one made some decent gains on an RSX...but then again its a RSX...they take well to anything....

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
does anyone have a pic of a cai installed on a rsx?all the pics I've seen are when they dyno test them and the filter is sitting on top of the engine

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
the only DC sports stuff I got is the header....an the only reason that I got it was cuz the mugen was over 3 times more an that was the only other alternative. DC's bout the same really as far as performance...but the quality is definitely better on the mugen header.

anyway, DC strut bars suck, the DAC ain't that great, an the exhaust ain't that great either. it seems that the only good thing they make are their billet accessories :rolleyes: :laugh:

anyway...CAI is definitely better than SRI/DAC :bigthumb: won't it be kinda hard to sell your DC intake when you're tellin them how much better the CAI is ;) :laugh:

·
Shirt Rippa
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MR.CLIFFORD said:
How was the sound change?? Noticeable
I actually did not notice too much in sound difference. The DAC was pretty loud by itself. I think my HKS Dragger and loud music also hinders and kind of comparison between the too.;)

azninside said:
won't it be kinda hard to sell your DC intake when you're tellin them how much better the CAI is ;) :laugh:
lol. :laugh: good point. Better throw it up on ebay. :D

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
wooooooooo that large screaming growel sound you hear with the windows down with a CAI at WOT. even without VTEC its a sweet sound.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Qveon said:
wooooooooo that large screaming growel sound you hear with the windows down with a CAI at WOT. even without VTEC its a sweet sound.
I agree, I agree. My roommate has the AEM CAI, and it sounds so much smoother than my short ram at WOT. What I like even more is when his car hits VTEC.

I need VTEC,
J

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I have a buddy with the AEM shortram on his Prelude VTEC. It is louder than the CAI, VTEC sounds more raw and "metallicy" like an ITR. My Iceman CAI sounds more racey in VTEC than the AEM CAI I had on my last 4th gen....I was suprised at how quiet the AEM CAI was.

·
Registered
482 Posts
personally i think you should have gotten the AEM..
i dont like dc stuff either.. their strut bars suck... and i didnt like their intake either.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Mike95lude said:
I have a buddy with the AEM shortram on his Prelude VTEC. It is louder than the CAI, VTEC sounds more raw and "metallicy" like an ITR. My Iceman CAI sounds more racey in VTEC than the AEM CAI I had on my last 4th gen....I was suprised at how quiet the AEM CAI was.
Exactly, even during VTEC, it still sounds amazingly quiet.

J

·
Registered
385 Posts
going on vacation on Sunday, I havent put on my AEM CAI or AEM UDP.... After reading the above stated i'm amped to put the crap on my car.

As for DC Sports stuff, I really didnt like hear about their headers having pieces being broke off for better fitment with our 5th Gen vehicles... That just sounds too cheap to me.

·
Shirt Rippa
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dchung1 said:
personally i think you should have gotten the AEM..
i dont like dc stuff either.. their strut bars suck... and i didnt like their intake either.
I thougth I remebered reading an article that showed Injen having higher gains than the AEM, so I went with Injen. Plus, I thought the Injen looked a little better. :D

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
johnnyx25 said:

I thougth I remebered reading an article that showed Injen having higher gains than the AEM, so I went with Injen. Plus, I thought the Injen looked a little better. :D
Can anybody else out ther show that Injen gets better gains? I might switch my HKS short ram out to a CAI if there are any real gains...

J

1 - 20 of 22 Posts