Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hi =)
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i'm thinking of getting one of those indash lcd screens off ebay. LINK

i see where it has the hook up for the power and then for the video input. but then how would i get sound to hook up to the speakers? and what would i get power the xbox?

reason i wanna get this... for the ride down for the prelude national meet =) make the co-driver drive while i play and watch :p

thanks
-Erik

·
Registered
21 Posts
Simplest way to get audio into the system is using an FM modulator, which connects to the aerial input on the tuner. Simplest way to run the xbox is going to be a mains invertor. Neither are the best way to do things, but both are pretty quick and easy

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have one and it works great. Cheap easy and has great picture quality for the price. Go for it. What i did was get a desk with input and have it come straight from the xbox to the audio in. Rig a power inverter off a relay and plug it in. Works fine here and I dont have any background noise.

-Jamie

·
hi =)
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HU

AMP

thats what i have .... i have 2 outs going to the rear speakers and 2 outputs going to the front. The amp is way over kill but i didn't know when i bought it. Maybe the extra power will come in use for this?

·
hi =)
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J_V_K said:
I have one and it works great. Cheap easy and has great picture quality for the price. Go for it. What i did was get a desk with input and have it come straight from the xbox to the audio in. Rig a power inverter off a relay and plug it in. Works fine here and I dont have any background noise.

-Jamie
well, what connect are you using from the xbox? because i know there is usually 3 connectors. 1 for video, then 2 connectors for left and right channel. my headunit does have a input connector. so maybe that will help...

·
hi =)
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
how does the AUX input look on the back of the headunit now?
depending on your gauge wire and what you have already u might want to run your own power wire to the battery
i had a 150watt/300watt power inverter

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
if i were you, id get one that has aux in inputs in the back of the unit, thats what i did wit my pioneer avh-6400. its easier and more simpler this way.

i hope that wasnt you who won that auction, cuz then ur gonna have to pic up some stuff to make it work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts