Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fyi, some dude is selling hood damper kit on hondatech......some of you might like it and some won't (the ones with cf hoods) ~130 bux......there isn't any real feedback yet and thats why i'm not gonna post the link (but if you are really interested it will take you 3 seconds to find it)

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
Yah, me too^... would be really convenient to have if oyu work on your car a lot.. You can adjust the dampers to how high you want the hood to extend right?

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
I see^... I thought like the default height would be something around like stock when you opened it up... have some kind of stopper in it. Well if it opens alll the way back, all gravy then :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
well the kit requires drilling, so u can possibly adjust the height by getting longer or shorter dampers...but even thats limited, as u need a certain length that will allow the dampers to compress when u close the hood...im in the process of making mine as well...it would probably require re-routing of the windshield spray hoses on the driver's side...mine will be in polished or carbon fiber...ill keep u guys posted...

·
one day...
794 Posts
I can NOT lay my hood all the way back... the corners hit before its possible. My buddies 97 civic could go all the way back though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts