Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone new to this I have a problem with a car I bought a 1986 Honda prelude 1.8 VTEC
Good clean original car but it's turns over with no start no spark have replaced the coil and the coil has power and replaced distributor rotor checked all fuses and still would not start just wondering if anyone who's knows theses cars would be willing to put a bit of advice my way would be very grateful of any help thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have everything connected from the coil all the way to the spark plug, check to see if you’re getting spark at the plug, if not check the coil pack to with a test light to see if the coil pack is getting spark if it is then the problem will be after the coil pack

·
Registered
9 Posts
And the only thing it could be would be the distributor or the wires that connect to the distributor (I have a 93 prelude so it might not be the same), if you do have spark then fuel might be the problem which could be fuel injectors, dirty fuel filter, main relay not giving the signal to the fuel pump

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you don’t have spark at the coil you could also check your ignition coil which is attached the the ignition tumbler which is on the left side of the steering wheel under the plastic cover on my car, see if you can find any wiring schematics for your car to follow the power flow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts