Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a bit of a background on the story. I got my Koni Yellow Shocks used, and the previous owner did not give me all the parts to the shocks (washers n stuff like that).

Anyways, so I have to modify(irreversable) some of my stock suspension parts (washers, dust boot, bump stop) in order to complete the install. So now, when I want to take the Konis back out and sell individually, I cannot put the stock shocks back in due to some of the upper mount parts are modified to fit the koni.

So.. i went to honda and got a list of prices of parts I need in order to put my factory shocks back in. parts include a number of washers, dust boots, bump stops, uppermounts, uppermount bushings totaling to a cost of $400 for all 4 suspensions. Dam... are Honda parts pricy or what hey?

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
pkw1: Can you please post a list of the parts and Honda Part numbers and prices for each? I am having the same problem with the Konis...

Thanks!
Andrew

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Andrew, what are your problems with the Konis?

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
to add kerosene to this debate
I had to get the catalytic converter on my 92' Prelude Si replaced a couple of years ago...honda wanted 800 bux!!!!

LOL

two words: Meineke...Cheap

------------------
2000 Ficus Green Prelude - Powered by WAAAAAAAAH PPPSSSHSHHH

What stands between a Prelude Driver and an ear to ear grin? About 5500 RPMs!

my next mod:
Larger Picture

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacques:
Andrew, what are your problems with the Konis?

</font>
Like pkw1 said, there are several parts that need to be modified to fit the Konis. They include the dust shield, the bumpstop, and removing the metal sleeve inside the top mount bushing and replacing it with the Koni one... And on top of that it's a PITA to disassemble the stock damper assembly with a spring compressor. I plan to return my car to stock someday when I sell it. So I was considering (like pkw1 was) buying new factory top mounts, dust boots, and bumpstops for all 4 corners... That way I could have two sets of damper assemblies that I could swap much more easily - one stock set, and one with my Tanabes and Konis. The problem is that these parts are apparently pretty expensive...

Andrew

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok.. there is a list of parts that "I" need, since like I said.. I didn't get all the required parts for my used konis.. so I'm not too sure what parts are not needed for some of you guys.

but here goes... theres are parts that will enable you to reassemble your stock shocks & springs without taking your Koni+other springs combo apart:

FRONT & BACK all uses the sames parts (but different in part numbers... I'll just list the name & it's price here (prices are in Canadian Dollars)

starting from the top of the suspension:

1 top washer (gold color) $3.16
2 rubber damper mount $9.01
1 uppermount base $37.68
1 uppermount base gasket $15.03
1 plate bump stop washer (black) $6.47
1 dust boot $20.93
1 bump stop plate (gold) $5.40
1 rubber bump stop $17.01

Totaling to $114.69 + taxes for one suspension assembly.

all 4 sides will cost me close to $500Cdn (including 7% tax)

Dam

------------------

[This message has been edited by pkw1 (edited April 29, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pkw1:
ok.. there is a list of parts that "I" need, since like I said.. I didn't get all the required parts for my used konis.. so I'm not too sure what parts are not needed for some of you guys.

but here goes... theres are parts that will enable you to reassemble your stock shocks & springs without taking your Koni+other springs combo apart:

FRONT & BACK all uses the sames parts (but different in part numbers... I'll just list the name & it's price here (prices are in Canadian Dollars)

starting from the top of the suspension:

1 top washer (gold color) $3.16
2 rubber damper mount $9.01
1 uppermount base $37.68
1 uppermount base gasket $15.03
1 plate bump stop washer (black) $6.47
1 dust boot $20.93
1 bump stop plate (gold) $5.40
1 rubber bump stop $17.01

Totaling to $114.69 + taxes for one suspension assembly.

all 4 sides will cost me close to $500Cdn (including 7% tax)

Dam

</font>

This makes me not want to do the koni/tanabe super H set up anymore =(

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you are buying new konis.. you'll only need to replace the dust boots when you are swapping back to stock.. which will only cost ya $80 for all 4 sides.

or there is another way which will cost ya nothing... just glue the dustboot to the plate bump stop washer (which still has a 10mm hole) then you're set. cost you only like $5 for metal glue. I can email you some details on this if you do get them

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts