Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While reading Marks install instructions on the Trunk Opener, he mentioned that it works with the Honda Keyless Entry Transmitter.

Now, I have a 2000 Lude. And by looking at the transmitter, it only has 2 buttons. Lock and Unlock. That's it. So how can this trunk opener works with the transmitter ? Where's the 3rd Button ? Unless I have to buy the Accord Transmitter, that comes with 4 buttons (Lock,Unlock,Trunk,Panic). Does your transmitter comes with 3 buttons ?

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

·
Registered
697 Posts
My 97 lude comes with 4 buttons transmitter, it has Lock, Unlock, Option and Panic. Some aftermarket trunk openers can use your existing buttons to open the trunk, like when you press the Unlock button one time, it unlocks the driver's door, two times to unlock all doors, three times to open the trunk. You dont really need an extra button for the trunk opener.

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbx:
While reading Marks install instructions on the Trunk Opener, he mentioned that it works with the Honda Keyless Entry Transmitter.

Now, I have a 2000 Lude. And by looking at the transmitter, it only has 2 buttons. Lock and Unlock. That's it. So how can this trunk opener works with the transmitter ? Where's the 3rd Button ? Unless I have to buy the Accord Transmitter, that comes with 4 buttons (Lock,Unlock,Trunk,Panic). Does your transmitter comes with 3 buttons ?

</font>
my remore is the same as yours (2 btns) and i have a 99. it might work for our remotes to hold down one of the buttons as our third button in a way....

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
you got 2 button transmitter when you got the car... (lock, unlock). if you buy the OEM alarm.. you will get the transmitter with 4 buttoms ( lock, unlock, option, panic) that will replace your 2 buttom transmitter.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah JBX, your car doesn't have the OEM alarm you only have the keyless entry, so that's why you only have 2 buttons on your remote.

------------------
2000 Silver Lude
Toronto Prelude Club

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbx:
Press the unlock button the third time to deactivate the trunk. If this is true, I'm on my way ordering the Accord Trunk Opener.

</font>
no, the accord trunk opener will not work with the OEM prelude alarm/keyless entry. check the prelude FAQ, this has been discussed before.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For those w/ the 2button transmitter: {you will need a HELMs electrical manual}

A) You can modify your remote keyless control box. When you press the 'unlock' once, it opens the drivers door. When you press the 'unlock' the second time it unlocks the passenger door. Use the first ouput to unlock both the driver and passenger doors, then use the second output to trigger the trunk. =D

B) W/ an aftermarket alarm, tap into an unused channel and use that to trigger your trunk. =D

------------------
99 Pearl White Prelude
AEM CAI
Konig Tantrum 17x7 / Nitto450 215/40/17
Koni Sport / Eibach Pro-Kit
PIAA 1100x
RF AMP / RF 12XLC SW

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NVR2FST:

A) You can modify your remote keyless control box. When you press the 'unlock' once, it opens the drivers door. When you press the 'unlock' the second time it unlocks the passenger door. Use the first ouput to unlock both the driver and passenger doors, then use the second output to trigger the trunk. =D

</font>
you know, I was thinking something like that could work. Does the Helm's electrical manual identify the wires for the OEM alarm system?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NVR2FST:

B) W/ an aftermarket alarm, tap into an unused channel and use that to trigger your trunk. =D

</font>
Excellent.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry guys. I guess there has been some confusion on my website. What I meant to say was that you can use the OEM keyless entry if you the option or the OEM security system with the option. I am not sure if you canuse it if you have the keyless entry only.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aZnRYcEbOi:
hey jbx, if u figure this out, wanna help me with it??
my alarm was installed at honda, but its not the OEM alarm...its some audiovox pursuit series...or something like that...
its got lock, unlock, trunk, and option buttons...
so maybe that'd work?!

</font>
No Problem.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

1 - 17 of 17 Posts