Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Texas
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i went to a honda dealership here in Austin to get my car realigned and they told me they will not touch dropped cars...is this true of all honda dealerships?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't think it's true for all dealerships, but for some reason Austin honda dealers stopped working on dropped cars about 6 months ago. Something about they didn't want to be held liable for scratches or cracks when putting it on the lift.
My car's got 50k miles on it and took it in to Classic Honda in Austin for a recall last month and the first thing he told me was they couldn't do it since it was dropped. Asked for a manager and made me sign a waiver not to hold them liable for any scratches/ cracks on my body kit. Watched them drive it up on the lift and wasn't too bad. It scratched a little on the front underbody spoiler but nothing major.

------------------

Adrian's Webpage CANCUN PICS ARE UP

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
hey cruxader: Which dealer did you take it to?? because my friend has a slammed civic si and he takes it to howdy honda all the time with no problems. Or take your car to NTB in north austin..off research and lamar. A guy named Mark align my car for me and he did a very good job. The first mechanic said he wont work on lowered cars then i talked to Mark and he said ok. And they will give the printouts of the specs before and after so you know if they did it right or not. Another good place is speedy align on burnet rd. They work on a lot of lowered cars there.

------------------
93 Prelude SI
Houston Prelude Club

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Two of my friends work for dealerships and I can only get my car onto one of their lifts because of the height. The dealership where the lifts where to high had to jack the car from the back enough to swing the arms of the lift underneath. Whne we lowered the car back down I actually cracked the side sill a bit on the arm we couldn't get underneath. Maybe their lifts are the kind that sit too high for a lowered car.

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
The dealer at Paramus Honda in NJ wouldn't do my alignment either since it's been lowered. They were nice enough to tell me a location that would do it though.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hi guys-just came home from the dealer and they did everything on the alignment rack as the swing arms will not get under the car. The alternate for them is to lift each end with a floor jack and then put the arms under. They have no problem with doing all of my service on the alignment rack-including an oil change

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Two of my friends work for dealerships and I can only get my car onto one of their lifts because of the height. The dealership where the lifts where to high had to jack the car from the back enough to swing the arms of the lift underneath. Whne we lowered the car back down I actually cracked the side sill a bit on the arm we couldn't get underneath. Maybe their lifts are the kind that sit too high for a lowered car.</font>
This is what they do to my car. Jack it up in the back so it will be high enough to fit.

·
Texas
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i took it to First Texas Honda...

i'm thinking about going back to Gillman because they did my alignment under warranty back in August, and now my alignment is out again and so that should be still covered as it hasn't been a year yet

i did hear however that Gillman's not very good so i'm going to try to see if Spring Branch will do the warranty service for me

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AustinTXrules:
......Classic Honda in Austin........
</font>
That's where we bought the Civic Si for my sister back in '94 when she was stationed in Ft. Worth.

Anyway, here in SoCal, most dealerships have no problem working on lowered cars. After all, SoCal is pretty much where all this import thing started. Now, even dealerships sell aftermarket stuffs and do installation also.

------------------
Vincent
98 TypeSH
99 GSR Sedan
CSCC SoloII #107 STS
Team Vision
AIM: vwong107

·
retired
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vwong:

Anyway, here in SoCal, most dealerships have no problem working on lowered cars. After all, SoCal is pretty much where all this import thing started. Now, even dealerships sell aftermarket stuffs and do installation also.

</font>

yea, my dealer sells aftermarket junk that the local Pepboys sell.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by H23Lude:
...howdy honda ...
</font>
howdy honda, that is too funny.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
Registered
435 Posts
when i had my accord i took it to spring banch. thats also were i bought the car

on my third free oil changed they told me that they couldnt get my ride on there lifts. so i went back there my car was on te first lift when you enter there service desk. they had like 4 people around my car. its funny how they did it the first 2x.

------------------
01 prelude nighthawkblack 5sp all stock...........or is it???????

[This message has been edited by fliptout (edited April 14, 2001).]

·
Texas
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha yeah i noticed they needed three guys to get my car onto the arm lifts...they took two guys to lift my car on each side and one to move the arms in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts