Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having these sitting around for over a month I've finally installed them. I bought them from beaty on preludeonline. As of this posting he has some left. There's been some debate about these compared to the Mugens and some people say they are the same since Mugen made them both. Pics are included showing the drop. My car is a base for reference as well. They are as people say stiffer. A good bit stiffer but do not make a rough ride. When going over bumps it feels smooth and does not slam at all. Also there isn't as much bouncing as stock. Stock felt like you bounced a kinda kept doing it, these feel more natural you bounce and it's over. The springs have 11 turns on them compared to the stock 7. Lowering is approx. 1.5" to 1.75". I unfortunately didn't measure with a ruler. I would recommend with these getting an alignment after installation. If you don't remove the rear ball joints you'll have to unhook the arms from the spindle which will mess up the alignment a bit. Warning: you will be sad when noticing we could have 4WS and don't. Corner handling is improved noticalby as well. There's a curve near my house where I take at 40mph and sometimes it feels too fast. With the new suspension it hugs very nicely. I could not be happier with this setup. It is honestly the best suspension I've ever had. I also recommend while your at it putting on the Type S strut bar and mounts if they are not on the ones you buy already. The only complaint I have with these is the back right has a rubber squeaking to it but I'm sure it's fixable.

16" Rims w/ stock size all weather goodyear tires.
Before

After

Front After

Before

After

·
Registered
757 Posts
I bought mine brand new just over two years ago and the springs are blue on mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts