Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Washington D.C. area, and hit a guard rail on the way home from snowboarding....thought I could take a corner at 50.....nope...dont think the tires were warmed up enough,,,,BFG g force... my headlight is smashed, front right fender is bent, door is bent...and back right.... also my back right tire hit the guard rail on the other side of the road, and cracked my rotor...the toe and camber are way off, but was able to drive it 140 miles home after the accident.

if anyone knows a good shop around this area please reply. I think I can get the parts from a friend at cost, just need to get the car fixed..

I have a 5th gen base 5 sp.

thanks

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
ack. that is 3-4k worth of damages. that how much mine was when i re-ended some1, soo good luck

·
Registered
206 Posts
BF G-Force tires are awesome too... but then again, you took a turn pretty fast. Sounds kind of like my accident 3 weeks ago with my parents car :s

·
Vrrom VROOM *POP* oops!
786 Posts
best tires in the world + Ice = crash ;)

i had a little less damage than that when i rear ended someone...my headlight, front bumper, side fender, hood, and small parts had to be replaced

cost me 2,200.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is your rear quarter panel messed up? If so that's $2,200 in damage by itself. That should cost well over 4 grand in damage :( Sorry to hear, post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea back right quarter is messed up also.....2200 just for that...damnnnn can I get a second on that cost...might get a civic and throw my h22 in it...

I have about 4 grand saved right now, will this cover the costs.....

anyone know a good shop around the DC area....thanks again...I'll post pics soon....

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no collision insurance....only pay 450 a year.. I will get collision when everything is fixed though....I learned the hard way.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
soooooo. nobody knows a good/cheap body shop around DC..... BOb you know any place around here?? thanks

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can get parts at cost...just need to pay for labor and repainting....I'll even sand and prime everything....guess I need to borrow a digital camera...Ill post up tomorrow .I used to live in Annandale,live in Centreville now, so that that will be perfect please PM the number...

·
Registered
974 Posts
a lot of the work for the rear quarter panel will be welding it and smoothing that out...augh...that sux mang hope everythink goes ok...this is a very good reason why my prelude will never see a snowboarding trip /story

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got a RF fender for $143, needed a new hub assembly for my back right, bent that bish....and a new door skin for $216.... soooo looks like I'll need that rear quarter....and seems like what everyone has said is that, thats the most expensive...thanks for everyone that posted

1 - 20 of 20 Posts