Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Is there anything wrong with these kits off Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2415324225&category=36476

http://search.ebaymotors.com/search...rymap=6000&wty=0&sp=0&BasicSearch=&category0=

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2416144041&category=33710

2) How much of a difference is there from my aftermarket Pep Boys Xenons compared to these?

3) Will I need my high beams?

4) I am thinking 6000K but there are kits on Ebay that are H1s with 8000K, which is best? I want a BRIGHT WHITE set of headlights, with a hint of blue maybe. Close to the Acura 3.2 TLs.

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
I think your best bet before you buy an HID kit is to do a quick search here on PO and just read up on some posts about the different HID systems the guys here use. I personally am using the Autolamps-Online kit...which is made by Philips. I couldn't be happier! My lights are just a bit more purple/white than my moms 3.2 TL, but very close to that stock look. Out of the kits you have up there...IF I had to pick from just those id go with the 3rd one. Thats just because of the Hella ballasts. If you do nothing else...read up on this site:

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com

AndoOKC aka Vick was part maker of this site...he ownz all things HID.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Man, for a while there we didn't have many HID threads...but they're back. Anyways, I wouldn't suggest anything higher than 6000k. Try to stick with the Hella, Philips, and Osram components too.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah thanks a lot appreciate the response.

I am trying to decide between 6 and 8K. From what I have heard 8K is closer to a purple which is NOT what I want. I am looking for a pure white with maybe a hint of blue.

I know its good to stick with a name brand company, but I would honestly rather spend $300 than $600 for friggin' headlights, thats all.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
MonStar said:
Yeah thanks a lot appreciate the response.

I am trying to decide between 6 and 8K. From what I have heard 8K is closer to a purple which is NOT what I want. I am looking for a pure white with maybe a hint of blue.

I know its good to stick with a name brand company, but I would honestly rather spend $300 than $600 for friggin' headlights, thats all.
Everyone wants the cheaper price of course. I believe that if you check out the website posted above, you will find out that 6000k probably puts out MORE light. The 5200k bulbs put out more light than both. You can try searching eBay for the different parts too. Good luck in your search for HIDs.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man! So the 6000K puts out more light than the 8000K huh? Thats really interesting I thought it would be the opposite.

Anyway, I really hope I can find a good HID kit for around $300 or so. That would be friggin' awesome.

·
Registered
234 Posts
MonStar- Check out www.misterjung.com. He sells HID kits and 98VTEC has a few friends with those kits. He says they look good and that his friends are pleased with them. I believe if you buy from his site you can get them for $379 shipped. Let me know if you decide to order, I would love to see how they turn out on your car. Hope this helps out.

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
If price is a big factor then I would really suggest what 97Luder said...MisterJung.com Like he said a few of my friends have his kit and its really great for the money. Far better than any kit of the same price anywhere. BTW stock HID lights are 4100k which is the brightest you can buy. The higher in the Kelvin scale you go the less light and more purple/blue you get. I posted a while back some 12,000k pics...these lights are just pure blue with no white at all. Don't get that junk...if anything get a kit around 6000k. I am more than happy with mine.

·
Banned
397 Posts
HEY 98VTEC I GOT A Q FOR YA, EMPTY YA MAILBOX.....its about ya kit :)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay 97luder I will most likely purchase one from there since you said there are guys who have had good experiences with them.

Curious, what can I expect to pay for installation???

Some place quoted me $100-150 just for install!

Now if 4000K is more white and bright than 6000K why wouldnt I go with the four? I mean why is everyone recommending 6?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
By more light we mean more lumens. The light will go farther. The kelvin scale is just for color. Without projectors you won't see much color from 4100k bulbs. The color shift and crap on projectors gives 4100k bulbs some bluish/purplish color. The reason why people are recommending 6000k for you is because of the fact that the 6000k D2R (non-projector) bulb has the best mix of color/brightness. Oh yeah, do the installation yourself.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do the installation myself? I can try and do it myself, but I am not the most handy person in the world. Okay well I can change the bulbs pretty easily, and a few other things.

But when it comes to a $400 kit I dont trust myself to do it.

I was thinking about installing my bodykit myself, but I dont trust myself!

And I will go with 6000K.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I am assuming that you are going to buy the kit and you aren't going to buy the parts separatly. It's just plugging in a few wires man. It isn't hard.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, from what I have heard, the installation is easy. The hardest part is said to be trying to find a place to mount the ballast. Do a search on here and im sure you will find some pics and writes as to where others have mounted theres. Let me know what you decide to do. Later

1 - 15 of 15 Posts