Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to purchase some JDM 1piece headlights in the near future, and at the same time would like to get some true HID lighting.. My question is, isn't there a comapany that you can actually send your headlight assembly to, they modify whatever they have to do.. wire it up, and then all you really have to do is mount the ballast?? is this true.. also if I were buying the JDM's would I want to get the 9006 HID or the h1 HID.. anyone have any insight??

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet, but I have heard that JDM 1pcers are wired for h1 bulbs or something.. maybe I will NOT get the 1pcers and just pop in the HID puppies.. any suggestions on a brand??

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a1andres:
sweet, but I have heard that JDM 1pcers are wired for h1 bulbs or something.. maybe I will NOT get the 1pcers and just pop in the HID puppies.. any suggestions on a brand??</font>
Yep, 4th gen JDM headlights require H1 bulbs. 9006 and 9005 cannot be used

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rokdavey:
Just out of curiosity..what do these lights cost? HID for 4gen and the 1pcs?

</font>

1 pcs are 600-650 new. The HID kit will run you around 450-550 for the phillips.

------------------
-Chris
--92 S

·
Registered
79 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ElusiveSi:
are you sure the one piece projectors arent h4?</font>
are the 1pc JDMs projector housings or are they regular?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ImSLeEpY:
are the 1pc JDMs projector housings or are they regular? </font>
They are regular. They have a fog light built in where the high beam is, and the low beam is for the bulb that can do high/low beam, i think it is the h4.

------------------
-Chris
--92 S

·
Registered
500 Posts
My friend just got some HID's for his car $460 SHIPPPED!

·
Poor Member
641 Posts
if you get the jdm's you want to get the h4 HID kit. the h4 is the low beam in the jdm setup.....the h1 is the daytime running light

·
Registered
828 Posts
One Point to Malken...

Philips does not make a retrofit HID kit, only OEM kits. Also, im sure PIAA uses philips D2S or D2R bulbs and the ballast from philips, which is actaully made by Hella. Otherwise they use Osram bulbs which accroding to many are the same. So when Malken says that Philips is all right, that makes the PIAA kit all right as well unless he is speaking in regards to retrofit quality. But then again, Philips DOES NOT make a retrofit so its like comparing apples and oranges. They did sell a few kits in Hong Kong a while back but nothing that was a big success. So dont let anyone hype you about kits unless they are strictly referring to retrofit quality such as base remodification, horizontal plane, focal length, wire material, wire attachments, etc. If you try and compare HID kits, you are going to find that 99% of them use the philips bulb and ballast. A few like SiJ use osram bulbs and a philips ballast. Bellof and PIAA dont offer anything better than the others as far as ballasts and bulbs are concerned, just quality. By the way Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Acura, and most of the others use a philips bulb and philips ballast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts