Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my headlamps with the JDM Black reflective lens's.
Then I plan on converting to HID.

I am trying to find some input on which HID kit would be best for my 92 prelude.

Any input is appreciated:bigthumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like xentec ballasts, (about $80 on ebay for the slim ballast kit) but really any HID kit from e-bay selling for $65 will do, just look for the ones with 1-2 year warranty.

You'll have a lot of people telling you to not bother with using an HID kit with stock halogen headlights and to do a projector retrofit though.

·
Space bar issues.
30 Posts
Stock headlight glass isn't designed for h.i.d it blurs the light and loses focus. It's hard for other drivers to see when they pass you. pay attention next time you pass an escalade and a car that you can't see anything until he passes. Spend the money and get the right stuff I'd say.
That's why they are so expensive not $65 dollars my buddie paid like $1800 for his excursion's when it was new(03).
One more thing look into led lighting the new supercars and high end stuff are going that way it looks sweet and is really bright

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's not the glass that's not made for HID, it's the housing. It's a reflective bowl with a reflective foci, not a projector. Sure they're expensive if you buy them as a factory upgrade. Everything usually is from the dealership.

They're not that expensive, you can do a retrofit yourself for about $200. I've done a few.

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey well ive been needing to find some new headlight bulbs, what if i jus go get the hid bulbs from like autozone lol would they work?

·
Space bar issues.
30 Posts
hey well ive been needing to find some new headlight bulbs, what if i jus go get the hid bulbs from like autozone lol would they work?
Yea they work, you'll have to get used to the new light but they work. its not like an hid setup at all though. Good luck with whatever you do i know i hate making decisions on buying stuff lol.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sure. I wouldn't though.
Honestly, just buy a Plug and Play HID kit from ebay for $60ish and just get 5K or 6K for bright white and you'll put out a lot more light than those autozone bulbs that'll cost you around $35-40 a pair. Just make sure to aim the down and you won't really blind anyone. I've only gotten flashed like twice in in the 2 years I ran HID's in stock headlights and after aiming them down, never happened again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have yet to coem across anyone else who has this kit, but I've had mine for 2 years now and not ONE problem and the install was a piece of cake!

MKS 10 000k H.I.D's.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
So how would i go about retrofitting my headlamps with a projector?

I am clueless ha

I retrofit lights as well as a few other people. Here's a parts list of what you'll need

-HID projectors(your choice)
-D2S bulbs
-Ballast
-Shrouds
-Dremel
-Time
-PATIENCE

It usually takes me 2-4 days to complete a retrofit depending on how many sets of lights I have at one time. If you'd like to check out some of my work, you can click the link in my sig to my myspace page, and I have quite a few pics. Once you have a retrofit done, there's no turning back. It's a little costly, but well worth the money. All the light will be focused onto the street with a nice wide pattern

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the light out of a projector is very precise...

wouldnt it be somewhat of a challenge to get it just right.

how much do you charge for your work?

·
JDM H22 POWER
306 Posts
Seriously...just buy one of those ebay HID kits...ive used like 6 ebay hid kits and never paid more than 60$...they work awesome and look just as good as the ripoff 300$ kits!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts