Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have concerns about the HID i have on my car..

is the box for the HID system waterproof? I have it mounted under the hood.. but i am thinking...

1) perhaps wrap it up with plastic
2) if it's waterproof, leave it alone.

does anyone know this information? (i have some HID off a lexus is300)

Man

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
you shouldn't have any problems with it mounted in the engine bay. heck, the car the HIDs came from probably had them in the engine bay as well. just dont go out and douse it with water.

·
I'm back!
1,161 Posts
Are you talking about the ballast and stuff?
I have HID's too and the ballast is on the engine bay, I perform engine washes frequently with no problems..........

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help. I'll be mounting it under the engine bay.. but i know water still gets in there.

nice to know it'll be safe. thanks.

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
I agree, I have no problems what so ever with my ballast being in the engine bay. I've had my HID's for almost 8 months now with out a single problem.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it okay to wrap it in plastic as a DOUBLE safe guard? (assuming the ballast doesnt heat up).. does it heat up?

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
you shouldnt have anything to worry about,wrap it if you want but its not gonna do much,except maybe hold in moisture,ask anyone you know that has an msd or similar ignition,the ballast should be well protected as is,no need to worry

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
I would imagine they would house them in something waterproof since they are going to be in the engine bay. Just a thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts