Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my greddy evo 2 catback installed soon and was thinking of buying a hi flow cat aswell. I just wanna know if the hi flow cat is worth it, can I expect any advantages from a hi flow cat or should I just keep the stock cat on? Ive been told that a hi flow cat will cause the note of the exhaust to be a little higher, is this true?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had the magnaflow high flow cat on my car for almost a year now, and I didn't really notice a difference from what was on there before. But what was on there before was a test pipe! Also because it does flow a little more through it than a stock cat, my check engine light does come on as a result of it.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
I have had the magnaflow high flow cat on my car for almost a year now, and I didn't really notice a difference from what was on there before. But what was on there before was a test pipe! Also because it does flow a little more through it than a stock cat, my check engine light does come on as a result of it.
BLOX 02 CEL Eliminator - JHPUSA
or
Two spark plug anti foulers from any auto parts store.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks solid, just what i needed, my CEL just keeps on pissing me off, finally :) got it BLOX 02 cel, checked on the site that it works with h series engines, i got a 01 prelude so im pretty sure it'll work.

thx

·
Registered
190 Posts
why get rid of the test pipe?? smell? torque loss? cuz i want my ****ing car to be loudr i have the greddy evo 2 too.. and it sounds deep and nice.. but i just wanted a little louder.. i wish the high flow cat would make just a little bit more diference than "barely louder from stock"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts