1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
that isn't a bad deal, but you'll a lot more to put that in. Anyone have an idea of how much a 5sp tranny would cost from a honda dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
hmm very interesting... i also want to know how much would an average place charge for labor in swapping the tranny and add a clutch and everything else needed for a complete manual...

·
OG
2,040 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
Sounds like a deal! Too bad I made the right choice to begin with...ahahahahahahahahah

</font>

------------------
Raman ~ AIM: R Viper G
Viper's Lair ~ 99 Pearl White SS ~ Mods

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
oh what the hell...

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Um, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the SH and base/SS have different locations for the oil filter in order to compensate for the ATTS unit. That would mean it's a different block, right? Not to mention that the header and exhuast are different. Then there's the front suspension (you'd have to put in radius rods on the SH). IMO, not worth all the effort.

It's hard enough converting an SS to a 5spd, and I think it will be even more expensive/complicated to add ATTS to it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
sup guys, that is my tranny i'm selling.the atts unit is not attached so it is up to u if u want to install.i think the tranny retails over 2000 from honda.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
sounds correct to me. Bad enough SS --> 5sp, but SS --> SH seems like it'd be worse.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pork Chop:
Um, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the SH and base/SS have different locations for the oil filter in order to compensate for the ATTS unit. That would mean it's a different block, right? Not to mention that the header and exhuast are different. Then there's the front suspension (you'd have to put in radius rods on the SH). IMO, not worth all the effort.

It's hard enough converting an SS to a 5spd, and I think it will be even more expensive/complicated to add ATTS to it.
</font>

·
Registered
159 Posts
i m interested.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
no one ever said u would have to go through the trouble of putting on the atts unit.i'm just giving u the unit cuz i have no use for it.u can probably take it and sell it,get part of your money back anyways.so it my book, this is an excellent deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts