Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Justin and I am becoming the Supporting Vender on this Forum for detailing, and I just wanted to say hi. I am here to help so feel free to ask any questions About Detailing, Products, or anything.

Look forward to helping!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey turboludesi,

FIRST make sure that the engine is cold!!!

The most effective method that I have used is spraying the engine compartment with a degreaser minding electronics, then scrub. Then start the engine and spray it down with water once again minding the electronics. After that I use vinyl protection on the hoses, plastics, Ext....

Cleaning the Engine Video

Detailing the Engine Video

Hope this helps, let me know!!

Thanks, :bigthumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im looking for something to add some shine back into my paint, its pretty flat. but i dont have one of those electric buffing wheels. also my leather seats have some small cracks in them, is there any way i can repair them or recondition them?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Justin and I am becoming the Supporting Vender on this Forum for detailing, and I just wanted to say hi. I am here to help so feel free to ask any questions About Detailing, Products, or anything.

Look forward to helping!!!
My girlfriends mom parked her car with the windows down next to a fence that was being white washed DOH! :mad: Now she has small white specs all over her dash and door panels. I've tried Simple Green, Goo Gone and several other mild products with little success. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My girlfriends mom parked her car with the windows down next to a fence that was being white washed DOH! :mad: Now she has small white specs all over her dash and door panels. I've tried Simple Green, Goo Gone and several other mild products with little success. What do you recommend?
good luck getting a reply from this guy :blah: ... still hasnt gotten back to me in a week

·
MECP Cert'd Bish
5,820 Posts
Im looking for something to add some shine back into my paint, its pretty flat. but i dont have one of those electric buffing wheels. also my leather seats have some small cracks in them, is there any way i can repair them or recondition them?
Since you don't have a buffer, you're going to have to use old fashioned elbow grease to get the job done. Buy a bunch of foam applicator pads & microfiber towels and get ready for a shoulder workout. The best thing to do would be to clay bar the car after a wash, then hand polish with a good brand polish & then hand wax it afterwards to protect the paint.

For the seats, a crack is a crack. You can't get rid of them, but you should be conditioning the leather whenever you wash the car. Take care of them like you would a nice pair of shoes.

·
MECP Cert'd Bish
5,820 Posts
It depends on how bad the overspray is. If it's light, a clay bar might take care of it, otherwise you're going to have to buff it off. (machine would be best)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts