Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've installed a phantom grip and can't seem to get the cover to the tranny back on. it seems to be catching the bearings on top of the mainshaft. any tips? should it be that hard? any help would greatly be appreciated! thanx! by the way, does anyone have a 2.5 prelude vtec?

G

·
There's no such thing as a 2.5 liter Prelude, and I would hate to know just how bad the geometry would be if you stroked one out that big.

The tranny casing should just slide over the main and countershafts. Do you have the retainer turned in the right direction? What about the C-clip? You have a Helm's, right? It shows exactly what everything needs to look like when you slide the two halves together. Make sure you use Honda bond, or you will have leaks.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
Hey Billy, could he possibly be asking about the "rumored" 2400cc stroked h22a? I know the geometry would be crazy, but I still think it would be an intesting project
. I still like your destroke idea.. h22-->h20

-Erik

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thatchmaster:
Hey Billy, could he possibly be asking about the "rumored" 2400cc stroked h22a? I know the geometry would be crazy, but I still think it would be an intesting project
. I still like your destroke idea.. h22-->h20

-Erik

</font>
Rumored? Like the Prelude Type R and convertible yellow Prelude, or like the RS-X? I agree with Billy, you would NOT want to stroke the engine that much!!! I'm not sure I'd even want it bored that much.

Billy's got a great idea with the destroked H22. Oh, wait, Honda did it- it's an F20! (Hahahahahaha!). Oops, sorry, OT.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
OK, OT again- there WAS a 2.5TL. I crapped my pants when I looked it up, it has a 5 BANGER that came in the Vigor!!! Here are the specs:

Engine Specifications
2.5L 176 hp I5
176HP @ 6300 RPM
170ft-lbs @ 3900 RPM
2451cc
3.35 X 3.4 B x S
9.6 CR

Sorry, just had to share. OK, so who's going to do the 2.5 swap, and fab up a VTEC head for it?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
OK, OT again- there WAS a 2.5TL. I crapped my pants when I looked it up, it has a 5 BANGER that came in the Vigor!!! Here are the specs:

Engine Specifications
2.5L 176 hp I5
176HP @ 6300 RPM
170ft-lbs @ 3900 RPM
2451cc
3.35 X 3.4 B x S
9.6 CR

Sorry, just had to share. OK, so who's going to do the 2.5 swap, and fab up a VTEC head for it?
</font>

ah yes I drove my friends vigor..I think its a 95 and that motor is pretty strong! torquey too. Wouldnt mind having it in a prelude along with vtec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts