Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So idk whats up with my lip kit, it came like this when I bought it...

Is this the WWRS Kit? Is it molded or something? How would I be able to fix the front one? Can I just take the front one off?

·
notec lude
327 Posts
from what i can see, nothing looks cracked or broken.. though the pictures are dark and it's hard to tell. but for the most part it just looks like it needs to be sanded down and preped for paint.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
Yes that's a wwrs kit and whoever added the kit before you had it molded to the bumpers. The front one has a lot of paint damage and has split away from the bumper. Your options are to completely remove the lip but it will require you to have the bumper refinished. If you want to fix the lip you'll have to have it remolded to the bumper and the entire thing repainted again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes that's a wwrs kit and whoever added the kit before you had it molded to the bumpers. The front one has a lot of paint damage and has split away from the bumper. Your options are to completely remove the lip but it will require you to have the bumper refinished. If you want to fix the lip you'll have to have it remolded to the bumper and the entire thing repainted again.
+1 i'd rip off the front lip and repaint it...but that'll mean you'll have to repaint the bumper also...if you got the funds....do it. lol imo it'll look alot nicer....i like lines on cars!

·
Registered
134 Posts
also I recommend getting a clear mask on your front lip after the new paint cures. Rock chips are inevitable, and those lips are very vulnerable, I've had mine repainted 2 times in 1 year before I got the mask.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but i'm pretty sure if i take off the front lip there'll be a bunch of crap from the molding or whatever it's called, bondo...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts