Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on swapping out my Plugs and oxygen sensor this weekend. THe plugs are no problem, but where the HECK is the Oxygen sensor on my car. I own a 94 vtec lude. What is the BEST way to swap this thing out? DO I need to get under the car??? Take off the heat sheild? any special tools? Do I HAVE To use an ACTUAL honda O2 sensor?? or will Bosch do?? please help..

Thanks,
andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You definitely have to be under the car to get to the sensor. It is located on the down pipe of the header right before the flex pipe. I simply sprayed liquid wrench carefully around the sensor and let it sit for a while and was able to get it off easily with an open end wrench.

It might be easier to get if off with the downpipe removed. I did mine when I was replacing the header so it was easy to get to. I'm not sure how much room you'll have to move around with the downpipe still installed - worth a shot.

I would definitely get a honda sensor. I believe my brother bought a bosch sensor but it did not have the plug at the end, he would have had to splice the wires and connect them so he returned that and bought a Honda sensor which is "plug and play".

Good luck!

------------------
94 Prelude VTEC

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a1andres:
I am planning on swapping out my Plugs and oxygen sensor this weekend. THe plugs are no problem, but where the HECK is the Oxygen sensor on my car. I own a 94 vtec lude. What is the BEST way to swap this thing out? DO I need to get under the car??? Take off the heat sheild? any special tools? Do I HAVE To use an ACTUAL honda O2 sensor?? or will Bosch do?? please help..

Thanks,
andres

</font>
Is there any reason your going to switch the O2 sensor? I wouldn't do it unless you know there's a reason to just because fo the cost. And yes I would ONLY use a Honda O2, peace of mind kind of thing.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my car is throwing an intermintent CEL and I am figuring on it being the O2 sensor.. I CANNOT find the plug you can "jump" to get a reading for the code.. I have a 94 VTEC.. can anyone tell me where too look?? I have searched behind where my radio is installed to no avail.. anyhoot I might just hold off and wait till I get my Greddy Header and do both at once..

Thanks though..

andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a1andres:
Well my car is throwing an intermintent CEL and I am figuring on it being the O2 sensor.. I CANNOT find the plug you can "jump" to get a reading for the code.. I have a 94 VTEC.. can anyone tell me where too look?? I have searched behind where my radio is installed to no avail.. anyhoot I might just hold off and wait till I get my Greddy Header and do both at once..

Thanks though..

andres

</font>
Sorry I got a 5th Gen so I'm not sure on where to look. I'd hold off til you get the code so your sure. Like I said the O2 sensors aren't cheap so I wouldn't want to replace one unless it really was the part in question.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't know where to look for the "jump" either (even though I have a 4th gen).

Definately take THATPRELUDEGUY's advice, find out for sure what the problem is, you wouldn't want to waste your money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts