Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
Jumping on the boost wagon here.
Well I need some serious help concerning a boost gauge install.
I searched and looked in the past topics with no luck.
So far turbo install should be coming weekend. So I figure I'd do the boost gauge first, should be a piece of cake I figure.
My biggest problem, on a 5th gen, how and where do I route the vacuum line into the cockpit? I am using 1/4" vacuum line and will tap into the intake manufold vacuum line.
I can't seem to find a good place to put the line through the firewall without some serious drilling?
For those that have done this install, please give some feed back on where you route this line? My car is pretty stock, eg, cruise, etc is all still attached. I'd like to install this with min. cutting and not removing any factory stuff.
PS. Any pic on where the line goes in on the firewall and where it comes out in the cockpit would be greatly appreciated.

Please someone give me a little direction and maybe a few pics.
Thanks in advance.

98SS

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Under the fusebox on the passenger side there is a loom of wires that passes through the firewall and is sealed by a rubber boot. You can cut a slit in the boot with a razor and then feed the boost line through the boot and firewall insulation with a wire clothes hanger. You will need to pull the carpet back underneath the glovebox to see what you are doing on that side.

·
Registered
928 Posts
if you remove the drivers side splash guard (plastic wheel well) there is also a harness that enters there into near the fuse box area thats where i ran my EGT

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Shark.
On passenger side of the car, next to the fuse box. There are two large rubber groummet into the firewall.
Which one should I cut into?
The one closer to the fender or the one closer to the center line of the car?
Which one did you cut into?
Please let me know.
Thanks.
98SS.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try it again with a cloth hanger.
You are so close to me.
I am in Santa Clara.
Will you be able to give me a hand if I still get stuck?
Btw, turbo install is hoping to be this weekend.
And I got a PMS sitting on my floor as well.
I will run Greddy's FMU for a few weeks first before switching to PMS and fine tune everything.
Know any good shop that can setup the PMS?
98SS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts