Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my clifford intelliguard 6000 installed, and on the feature chart, the remote trunk release and remote window closure and remote headlight activation are "standard". But when I got my car back, I couldn't open my trunk, can't close my window and can't activate my headlight with the remote control! I asked the dealer why is that and they told me it's because my car is a prelude, so the trunk is opened with the cable (the one beside the driver's seat), they said if my car is a mustang and use a switch to open the trunk, then I can have the remote trunk release feature.

Ok...so I asked him what if I want the trunk release, he told me i have to buy a separate solenoid to open the trunk and that'll cost me 75cdn. I said what about the window closure??? He said same thing, so I was like WTF and pretty pissed. He said he'll give me the remote headlight activation for free, and said it's the sales person's fault that he didn't tell me that I won't be having all the features that clifford offers, but still, it doesn't make sense to me. If Clifford has those features on their product, then when I buy their product I should have their features! I just emailed clifford about this and hope I'll hear from them soon.

Does anyone have the intelliguard 6000? Do you have those features?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
55 Posts
Alarms often have features that allow you to do such things. But you must install or have the relays or solenoids that are required to make it happen. When alarms are designed they take into consideration the user's needs. They know that people want the power window/trunk opener feature but most cars don't have power windows or powered trunk openers. So why should they include a $5 relay that may not even be used? That is why they leave it to the user to provide the relays and solenoids if they want to take advantage of those features. Make sense? The dealer is correct in what he is saying. It is important that you read the alarm's features well. If they say it is power window "ready" or "capable" or "compatible", it is not standard.

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
I agree with Mark here. In stock form you CANNOT have the 6000 open the trunk without some EXTRA help. Buy the Accord popper and go back.

About that headlight thing......I have a IG7000 and I can do it. I never use it though. The only times I've used it was when I was bored out of my mind. It's not something you'll miss.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 10, 2001).]

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carisear:
crap, that sucks. where did you guy it from?</font>
yeah I guess it does BUT it should be OBVIOUS. Let say you take my alarm (IG 7000) and you install it in a 57 Chevy.....do you honestly think that just because the alarm has the capability to roll up your windows it's going to do it on that car??? No right? The point is you have to have the car "ready" for the alarm.....it's just the way it is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick response guys, huh, now that makes sense. Well that solved my problem, but I'm still gonna let the deal do the remote headlight thing 'cause it's a free gift

Didn't want to mention their name because I wasn't sure if it's their fault, now that it's clear they have good service, their name is Boyzclub in BC. Actually their service is pretty good, and they promised if I buy a cd deck from them in the future, they're gonna give me a sweet personal deal for apologizing not letting me know clearly when I purchased their alarm. So ...props to them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts