Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. there were those rain drops all over my car especially on the hood.. i bought that mother's clay bar and it didn't do anything for my car... my car looks shiny but when you look.. those spots are still everywhere...

any other advice to help it out besides a new paint job? i'm very frustrated with this car and will be selling her next year for (hopefully) a 4th gen vtec.... thanx in advance.......

Irene

------------------
Forum Moderator for Club Events (PLEASE CHECK IT OUT)
President of the Pennsylvania Honda Prelude Club
Member of Girlie Girle Racing, Team Interlude, and the SCCA

[email protected]
Club Events Forum

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Claybar wont help get out water spots, the only thing that will get water spots out is a buffer, a real buffer, not a damn orbital buffer. I got most of mine out this way. I wouldnt reccomend using one if you dont know how, you can burn your paint if you do it wrong. If the water spots are bothering you that bad, id take it to a detail shop, they can get em out no problem. prob. be around $50-75.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll have to look into that... my car is so shiny but those stains are annoying me..

Irene

------------------
Forum Moderator for Club Events (PLEASE CHECK IT OUT)
President of the Pennsylvania Honda Prelude Club
Member of Girlie Girle Racing, Team Interlude, and the SCCA

[email protected]
Club Events Forum

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
have you tried waxing them out?

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GldCrzy:
have you tried waxing them out?

</font>

Water marks and bird droppings stain the clear coat and polish and waxing...as well as using a claybar will not get them out. You really need to use a microfinishing compound and some machine glaze to get it back to new. It's not an easy job but when your done it loks like new. Also you'll new a hispeed wheel like someone else mentioned.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
VISIT THIS SITE!

http://www21.3m.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry?SP=10007&SID=28181&CID=0&CUR=840&DSP=0&CACHE_ID=0

Here's the plan:

Learn how to use this stuff on your current car. When you trade, you'll be getting a car with better paint, but still not perfect. Then you can make it perfect with this stuff.

Here's what I recommend:

1) Buy an orbital buffer
2) Wash and rinse the car 2 or 3 times with dish soap
3) 3M Swirl Remover
4) 3M Rubbing Compound (fine cut)*
5) 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (TWICE before waxing)
6) 3M Perfect it paste wax
7) 3M Gloss enhancer spray after each wash
8) In the future, only wash by hand.

* Only use the rubbing compound on the areas that the swirl remover didn't help.

------------------
My new mechanic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts