Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone near Irvine, CA that can help me install adjust my springs and install my new shocks? I have a bunch of other small jobs I'd like help with. I'm a noob and I have very little skill/time to do anything myself.

I will pay very reasonably for your labor. Thanks.

If not, can someone suggest a good shop that does suspension work without overcharging?

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,182 Posts
Ooo, man. you might want to start making time for fixing your car then. You ever want to know why back in the day people used to always be good at fixing old cars, it's because when cars get older, they need more regular maintenance, so it gets too expensive, thus, people learned how to do it themselves. ....and unfortunately, our ludes are getting pretty old, so they are needing a lot of work, and paying people to do it is just not an option. ...Because if you are rich enough to pay people yo keep your lude up, then you probably don't have a lude, but a brand new Vette.

I suggest you start making time and learning how to do the work. finding people on these sites that live in socal is very tough, I know...I'm from Bakersfield(I consider it more of centeral cal personally)....However, there seems to be a few in the bay area. Sorry bout your situation man, I wish there were more I could tell you. Good luck.

........And one more thing, I think there is actually a socal club...somewhere near you, there was just a couple days ago a link floating around these forums for this SoCal club, might want to look for this site, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to help....but then again, most of those people are young kids, and young kids(like some on this very forum) are real arssholes, and just make fun of you for being ignorant, rather than helping you do anything constructive, so good luck..Again

·
Registered
98 Posts
socalprelude.com is the southern california prelude forum. I live in 310 and do suspension installs/tuning for local people. Check your inbox.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestion man. Yea, I would really love to have more spare time to work on the lude. I just work so much that I have barely any time for anything fun like working on the car.

And since I work so much, I can actually afford a different car. However, I only like preludes. My last car was a 4th gen and now I have a 5th gen. I'm going to try to keep it for as long as humanly possible.

Anyways, the last owner of my car lowered the car on skunk2 springs (2.5") on stock shocks. Then he added a camber kit on only one wheel (wtf?) Oh god the ride is just horrendous right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
camber kit on one wheel lol yeah wtf is that guy on. anyway we all a noob once but just come on here and start reading stuff and start doin it on ur own. first time i did my suspension it took me like a whole day but the second maybe 3-4hr.but then again im just too cheap to give away my money for someone to do it for me if i can do it myself

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,182 Posts
You did all four corners on your own in one day? What all did this job include, Thats sounds amazing. I take it you have every tool imaginable....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts