Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 prelude 2.0 si that has a parasitic drain and cant figure it out. Multimeter says it's constantly pulling 0.06ma. I've replaced the battery twice and got a new alternater, pulled all the fueses one at a time to see if any of em would drop that down a bit but no luck i have cleaned and reconnected all the grounds unplugged my seatbelt retractors. the buckle part, the radio and the antenna motor (since I don't have the antenna) and still says im pulling 0.06ma. Can anyone give me any advice im completely stumped at this point

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the same issue on my 5th Gen (97') Prelude. I've changed the battery a few times and if I leave it for more than 4 days without driving the battery dies on me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 91 prelude 2.0 si that has a parasitic drain and cant figure it out. Multimeter says it's constantly pulling 0.06ma. I've replaced the battery twice and got a new alternater, pulled all the fueses one at a time to see if any of em would drop that down a bit but no luck i have cleaned and reconnected all the grounds unplugged my seatbelt retractors. the buckle part, the radio and the antenna motor (since I don't have the antenna) and still says im pulling 0.06ma. Can anyone give me any advice im completely stumped at this point
Check the fuel pump. The same thing happened to our 1989 Prelude s. (which is for sale by the way.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
No. Our mechanic suggested it was "probably" the fuel pump since everything else that could cause the problem had been repaired. At that point, we quit repairing the car (over $4000.00 in repairs) and it has been sitting since last April. Wish I could help you more with the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. Our mechanic suggested it was "probably" the fuel pump since everything else that could cause the problem had been repaired. At that point, we quit repairing the car (over $4000.00 in repairs) and it has been sitting since last April. Wish I could help you more with the problem
Ah Okie well thanks for the advice i never thought of the fuel pump it really helped ill try testing my fuel pump later today

1 - 7 of 7 Posts