Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked outside today at 5:30 am to find my red prelude egged. I just bought it 3 months ago and it was in perfect condition. Well, I washed off the egg with some water and I thought I got it all off. After I got off work 3 hours later, it was still cool out. I went to a car wash and aparently the eggs had eaten the paint. How can I fix this?

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
If you've done your best to wash it and it still doesn't come out try claying the area. If it's still not removed follow with a polishing compound. Depending on how deep the egg has penetrated the clear coat it may or may not come out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I didn't think anyone would every just randomly egg my car. But I guess it is very easy to become jealous of the sexiest car ever made.
And I found out this kid who used to go to my school went out and egged cars all over the city. So I called crimestoppers and also the police department. Hopefully they will catch him in the act. They also tried to get my brother's rsx, but they missed badly. Too bad they hit my lude right on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the egg was on there for probably five hours and it chipped the paint. Like rock chips on the hood of your car. It sucks

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
If you have comprehensive coverage on your car insurance you may be covered for vandalism. If so, say hello to a new paint job for whatever your deductible is. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have comprehensive coverage on your car insurance you may be covered for vandalism. If so, say hello to a new paint job for whatever your deductible is. :)
My deductable is $1k. I don't want to spend that. haha
But would my rates go up if I ran it through insurance?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
i say take the eggs and make french toast.......with maple syrup.....

....sorry to hear about you car man. If the egg sat on your car for a long time then you need to take the clear coat off and repair the paint then reclear. I know this as i had a red integra long ago that had been egged and it left visible stains in the paint, i had to get it repainted in the end. It sucks.....so perhaps you should stake out your sh+t, no man....no problem.....right?

What? Now who would possibly dislike bouckarooo so much that they would egg his car? I don't believe!

·
street racing instructor
3,384 Posts
There's not much you can do if the paint is chipping. Take it to a body shop is the only solution I know of (either your money or the insurance company's).

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
^ Haven't taken "the best prelude in the world" through Canada have you? :laugh:
I figured if I would take my car thru Canukland and they egged it, they'd at least put canadian bacon on it too.

For me always parking it in such a public place, nobody has ever messed with it I'm surprised.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Before I got my lude (thank God) I had a '91 Mazda 626. One night apparently some punk highschool kids drove around my part of town and threw big rocks through people's car windows. So I go to drive to work in the morning and my entire rear windshield is smashed out. ****ing ***. Deductible would have cost more so I ended up paying around $200 to get a new one and have it installed.

Parking on the street sucks, I hope one day I will have a garage...and a house to contain that garage!

Good luck with the egg

·
Registered
17 Posts
haha same thing here. somebody backed over my hood in a parking lot and took off... had to pay the deductible but i got a new hood, bumper, headlight and front quarter panel and perfect matching paint. and those warts were the only parts on my car that had some rock chips in the first place!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts