Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea how you guys manage to change the coolant! My car is sitting in the garage with the radiator drained but I can't get the block bolt off. What a pain is the a$$! I've never seen such a crappy place to put a drain bolt. So how did you guys get the bolt off near the oil filter?! I've tried using a 1.5 ft breaker bar and no luck.

Daniel

grnlude97

G

·
What does the bolt look like? It's not the one with the oil pressure sending unit in it, is it??

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gee I hope I'm not attempting to take the wrong bolt off. It's next to the oil filter and has no wires coming off it. It's a 19mm bolt. From the diagram in the Helm's manual it looks like I have the right one. The Helm's says it's torqued to 61ft lbs so maybe that's the problem too!

Daniel

grnlude97

G

·
Is it installed with Hondabond? That really makes them difficult to remove.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what it's installed with. It's never been removed since this is the first time the coolant has been drained. We've come to the conclusion that the bolt is not coming off. What do to now? I guess just refill it with new coolant and have half new, half used coolant in there. Seems like the only thing I can do.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave up on it and just refilled it with new coolant. Oh well! The coolant that came out looked brand new still.

Daniel

grnlude97

1 - 7 of 7 Posts