Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

With all this talk of suspension lately, I have been really trying to get in some research. This is what I am trying to decide between:

H&R Sport
Tanabe Super-H
Eibach Pro Kit

They are going to be paired with a set of KYB/AGX adjustables... I am looking for a minimal drop, and a little dampening ajustability. Currently, I am rolling on Stock SH rims, and Stock Bridgestones.

What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Neur0sis (edited April 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i'm not sure what your asking...if it's which springs would drop you the least, i would guess the Tanabe Super-H's, but that's a guess.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
i'm not sure what your asking...if it's which springs would drop you the least, i would guess the Tanabe Super-H's, but that's a guess.

</font>
Mainly asking for opinions... ride comfort, price, etc...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well the Eibachs are probably the best quality of the 3 and drop you 1.3" There have been mixed opinions on the Tanabes and potential sagging or something like that. H&R are very good too...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neur0sis:
Mainly asking for opinions... ride comfort, price, etc...</font>
hmmm...well i've ridden in cars with the H&R's and i have the pro-kits. i think they are similar. if anybody knows the diffence in sring rates, post up. i think the H&R & Pro-kit's will drop you more than the super-h's. i dunno the price of the H&R's but the pro-kits cost a little above 2 bills.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
hmmm...well i've ridden in cars with the H&R's and i have the pro-kits. i think they are similar. if anybody knows the diffence in sring rates, post up. i think the H&R & Pro-kit's will drop you more than the super-h's. i dunno the price of the H&R's but the pro-kits cost a little above 2 bills.

</font>
I am really interested in peoples opinions on the Tanabe Super H springs ... I would really dig on that ~1" drop ... almost exactly what I am looking for. My problem so far is that I can't find anyplace online that sells em! I checked with AIE and they don't carry them any more. There WAS a groupbuy for Tanabe stuff, but its CLOSED.

·
Texas
734 Posts
actually the Eibachs sag more than the Tanabes...i have driven cars with both and i think the Eibachs are far too stiff...better for handling than the Tanabes, but the Tanabes ride almost like stock and i like that, and the handling is still far improved over stock

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I did exactly what you are thinking of, Tanabe with KYB AGX. I can't compare since I've not ridden in cars with the others, but it is a real stable street setup. I actually leave the struts almost at 3/4 front and 4/4 rear and it's plenty driveable on bad streets (slowly), but it is a lot more solid than stock on any surface. My springs occasionally make creaking or sproinging noises (usually just when starting out), I don't think it's a big deal, they're seated fine, but it's a little disconcerting at first. The Tanabe's aren't progressive like the Eibach's so they might seem firmer at lower cornering loads.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neur0sis:
There WAS a groupbuy for Tanabe stuff, but its CLOSED.

</font>
E-mail them anyway, sometimes they'll do it regardless of whether the buy is going or not on gbc.com.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
The Tanabe's aren't progressive like the Eibach's so they might seem firmer at lower cornering loads. </font>

From reading on ntpog, they say that they ARE progressive, and they LOOK progressive. I think I am in for these. $149 from Optauto.com, and $350 shipped for the KYB's ... should be a nice setup.

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
The Tanabe's aren't progressive like the Eibach's so they might seem firmer at lower cornering loads. </font>
Oh YES they are. I have them too...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hey, don't forget about the H&R OEM Sports(not the H&R Sports). These are stiffer than the stock springs, don't sag for shmiz, and only drop your ride by exactly 1" all around(vs. the 1.4" drop all around from the H&R Sports). Should only cost about $130 too- shop for them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spocko:
Hey, don't forget about the H&R OEM Sports(not the H&R Sports). These are stiffer than the stock springs, don't sag for shmiz, and only drop your ride by exactly 1" all around(vs. the 1.4" drop all around from the H&R Sports). Should only cost about $130 too- shop for them.</font>

I looked on the H&R site for the OE Sports earlier this week, but there doesn't seem to be a 5th Gen Prelude application. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
H&R doesn't make em. I had checked up on it before purchasing the tanabe's. I even called H&R and they said most likely no they won't make them in the future...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I looked on the H&R site for the OE Sports earlier this week, but there doesn't seem to be a 5th Gen Prelude application. Am I missing something?
Anyone heard of these?? H&R OE sport springs that claim to drop an inch.........................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts