Honda Prelude Online banner

HELP: Installing MSD Blaster Coil???

10K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  andrewdelvard 
Malken00: I would order either an MSD 6A or SCI (same thing, just different colors) and whichever blaster coil you like. I personally have the SCI and Blaster SS coil. The Blaster SS can be mounted in any direction and is a great choice. With the ignition, purchase the timing retard unit. This will give you control of the timing using a knob mounted in the passenger compartment (prefferably near your NOS switch). When you want to spray, retard the timing and you're set to go. This combo works great as is fairly inexpensive. Also if you want a rev limiter, you could purchase a 6AL or SCI-L ignition.

Daniel

grnlude97

Oh... in addition... You might want to get new ignition wires. The MSD coils have different connectors than the stock ones. The 8.5mm Magnecor wires I purchased worked quite well. If you need any help installing or setting any of this up, IM or email me. Again I would recommend the SS coil!

Daniel

grnlude97

IM: SuavericoG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.