Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I've posted on here a couple of times,

anyways I have a 2001 Honda Prelude base 5 speed. It's been sitting for 6 years in my garage. I finally put a jdm engine on it. I got everything back together and fired it up. The RPM's keep going toward redline. You unplug the Idle Control sensor the big one on the front of the intake manifold and it won't rev to redline but it runs like crap like it will. Rev up rev down blah blah blah backfire etc... You plug it in again it runs perfect but rev's to the sky and you have to turn the key off. The idle control has to be unplugged in order for you to move it at all.I had people tell me vaccum leak but if I had a vaccum leak me unplugging a connector wouldn't effect it. It would still be there. So I'm confused. I do remember 6 years ago I know my ecu is messed up because the Air fuel autometer guage i had installed years ago, a wire came off and shorted out and messed the ecu up. It's still in the car, Only issue I had was that I only got 170 miles for a entire tank. Other than that, it was fine. Also I know I had someother Idle issues at times with the fluctuating idles and I know alot of people had issues with that as well.

I just want to know if someone can tell me why the heck would the engine redline if the front idle control valve is plugged in???

·
Registered
31 Posts
so the engine is redlining at idle right? the throttle cable is loose right? the throttle plate is close right? make sure the throttle plate is closed. dont worry about the idle up and down. thats easy to fix. lets fix the reving first. also with the idle air control valve unplug the car will not rev as high correct? can you rev the car up in this state. give me as much info as to what you can and can't do it each condition. best if you can send me a video of what is going on. very hard and long to help diagnose a problem like this without being there to see it act up and try diff methods. let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts