Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out it would cost me 700$ to replace the system plus the towing fee. Is there a cheaper way to bypass the immobilizer?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think you can get keys from honda give them the vin number, tell them you need keys. at least i was told that once when i locked my keys in my car, i didnt need to do it so dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
the only way you can do it is replace the immoblizer..just look for a junk lude and take out that one and replace it...all the dealer can give u is a valet key which only unlocks the doors..

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
i think you can get keys from honda give them the vin number, tell them you need keys. at least i was told that once when i locked my keys in my car, i didnt need to do it so dont quote me on that.
This will only work IF you have at least ONE key to program the new key OR if you have the red learning key. Otherwise, you will have to get a new immobilzer system.

the only way you can do it is replace the immoblizer..just look for a junk lude and take out that one and replace it...all the dealer can give u is a valet key which only unlocks the doors..
The only way this works is if you get one or all or the red key with the junkyard unit. You won't be able to use the junkyard immobilzer because you won't be able to program it. You will be running back into the original problem - No Keys for programming.

You will have to pay for the immobilzer unit and programming/labor fees at Honda. The other way would be to use JCS Automotive Services as linked above.

I personally rather have Honda do this for me. If you want the cheap way, send the unit out.

If you had searched the forum, you could have easily found all this out.

·
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!
828 Posts
Well. There's always using the keycode. It's way to start the car without an immobilizer. There's a code in the ecu that if you pull up on the handbrake and switch the key off a certain number of times, the car will start.

I used to repo cars and that's how we started them. Honda gave us the key codes though. they're not on the car anywhere. Call Honda and ask em. I doubt it'll work.

Search though, I posted about this a LONG time ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Prelude Duplicate Transponder Key Secret

I know exactly how to get a Prelude duplicate transponder key made without the red key, and for a very low price from the dealer. Contact me if you need help, as I just went through this mess. [email protected]

***This only applies if you currently have one transponder key. You don't need the red key or any others. If you don't have any keys, you're out of luck with this method.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
^^^^^this guy knows what hes talking about, you dont need the red key to get new keys made, you just need your vin and any of the old black keys and go to the dealership. I actually thought they could make them with just the vin and title for proof of ownership, i thought thats what I had to do before when I lost all of mine, but I also might have had one black key left and dont remember now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts