Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help I did this,:eek:

On the drives side I unbolted the strut assembly, then took out
the 17mm bolt that holds the Fork Looking thing to the the suspension. Anyways I had to push everything down as far as possible to get the assembly out. well I changed the struts and
springs, but when putting the assembly back together the axel
going from the brake rotor to that first boot seems to be out
some and wont go back in. I tried putting it back in with force but
nothing:mad:

so I need to know how to fix and also how I can get that boot off
with out tearing, the strap that holds it on is different

thanks,
I'm stuck until I can get fixed, Please give imput:(

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
hey man... Thats tomorrow for me... I did the rears all the way up until 5 minutes ago... I might be able to help ya out once I get there... Right now I am lost to what your talking about.... Dremel early morning and by 12pm est I sould be on the fronts!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
hmmm, are you talking about the CV? if you pulled that apart your skrewed. There is very little chance you will get it to go back toghter without pulling it all the way apart. You will need to remove the boot, carefully get everythinng back into place and get one of those metal collar things that you can skrew tighter. Or go buy the cv rebuild kit which will cost more but you will have a new boot.

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,027 Posts
I wouldn't recommend securing the CV boot with a hose clamp, they are not the most balanced of things and that shaft spins pretty fast. It does sound like you pulled the CV apart.

For future reference, you are supposed to take the bottom fork off the strut BEFORE taking the strut out of the car.

Good luck,

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha,

I guess thats what I get! The ****ty thing is I printed off the write up from ntpog.com but left at my apartment and didn't have at my
parents shop:laugh:

I just bought a huge socket to take it all apart so I can remove the cv and get all in again:D

thanks for the help

jtcdudeman: When you do the fronts take off the 17mm bolt that is way down on the stut assembly, but then go up about 6in and take off the 14mm bolt. then the assembly will pull apart:D

Sorry, my vocab for the susp parts sucks, but on the top where you take the 14mm and cotter pin out. You can acctually use a stock wheel jack and put it in between the brack dust shiel and that little threaded bolt and spin unitl tight then Use a rachit in between the two holes and it will seperate with out messing up the rubber fitting.

good luck:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts