Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i have a jdm h22a swapped into my 94 si and i started having a problem. my car has like a sort of hesitation when i give it gas now, when i hit the gas after not touching it for two or 3 seconds instead of the rpm climing it will drop and THEN climb. for example, if the car is idling at 1500 rpm in traffic, then i hit the gas it will drop to 1000 then climb from there, or if im driving and i let off the gas then push it in again it will like bog for a second, not respond to the gas for a second, then leap forward hard. i have the typical jdm h22a surging idle like almost everyone else, but sometimes now it stalls completely. thats kinda embarrising in traffic, and iwth the car jolting around people think i cant drive standard. i also tried blocking the caivalve and the tps hole too. the caiv makes the car seem to idle very very low and stall alot more, and when i block the tps valve it seems to do nothing at all. is that normal? if you blocked it off shouldnt it affect the rpms in some way or something?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
what kinda wires are you using. and mine did that when my tps was gone and i had my h23 wires on it. now its fine.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im using the wires that came with the h22a and my old wire from the h23 going to the ig. coil. the wires arent the problem i dont think. its probabbly the tps. i have both my old and new throttle bodies from the h23 and the h22 now, and the both of them had surging idle, and it just started stalling now. on the ride home today it stalled 5 times, all from this crap.

·
formally Sik96prelude
1,061 Posts
Are you ever back firing? Did you mess with timing at all? Are you thowing any CEl's? Sounds like timing is off, did you mess with anything around there? the other thing it could be is misfiring, check you plugs and wires. Check the voltage on you TPS as well. Those are pretty much the main things it will be.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am backfiring, and i did just fix my timing, it was wicked off before. i used a timing gun and lined it up properly. im guessing its the tps, so when i have time probabbly tomorrow im gonna do a search and figure out how to test the tps

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well u guys, i figured it out. it was my map sensor, one of the lines was pinched. shes smooth now, i jsut need to set the timing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts