Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a gauge cluster, just wonderin if the 94-96 cluster show the mileage when its not plugged in, the junkyard sent a jdm cluster from a 94 vtec as it says on the tag....... but it looks like my 93 cluster............PLEASE HELP ME.....WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
The mileage does not show without power. It is a digital display. If it is a JDM, I don't know what they had on the 94-96 model but that is how it is on the USDMs.

·
Registered
777 Posts
send it back, if it looks like your 93 its not the electrolumencient, and you could have a hard time getting it to work. is the speedometer in km/h? The 94-96 electro ones dont show the milage unless its installed had has power. they are digital. yours sounds like the roll type.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If the odometer looks like your 93 cluster, with the numbers that roll forward, it is not a 94-96 EL gauge cluster.

The EL gauge clusters have a digital odometer so you shouldnt see it unless its powered.

I would call the guy from the junkyard and talk to him. Explain what you thought you were getting and what you received and see what he says.

Keep in mind the 94-96 gauges from the S model look like the 92-93 gauges (non EL).
Also, you said it was a JDM cluster...not sure if those were EL or not, maybe someone else can answer that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EVERYONE THNX.........IT IS A JDM CLUSTER ROLL TYPE.........I AM RETURNIN IT ...AND YES IT IS IN KM/H ROLL TYPE!!!!!!!!IM SO PISSED AT THEM, NEED MY CAR TO BE PUT ON THE ROAD AND STATIE INSPECTED!!!!!!!!THNX THO FOR ALL OF UR HELP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
92H22A said:
Keep in mind the 94-96 gauges from the S model look like the 92-93 gauges (non EL).
Also, you said it was a JDM cluster...not sure if those were EL or not, maybe someone else can answer that.
All 94-96 Ludes came with EL's.. every model. And the JDM cars did have EL's, the same years as us.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok......thnxx just bought another one!!!!!! thnx alot everyone-slowsi i sent u a email and yes i will buy them!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts