Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I recently bought an 01 prelude SH. The guy I bought it from said he deactivated the alarm system on the car.

So the other day i reset the battery on the car to clean the acid residue on it, and when i started the car back up the alarm LED on the steering wheel started blinking and the car started making the ticking sound u hear when you are signalling. Also the tail lights and digital clock blink during this time as well. It only continues for about 30 seconds before it stops.

This happens every single time i start the car now, the ticking noise and the blinking lights. The blinking LED light on the steering wheel just blinks constantly and doesnt stop.

The alarm switch on the bottom near the fuse box is set to "off" so i dont know what the problem could be.

Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
The switch is for the valet feature most likely, its not the kill switch for the actual alarm. What happened is by disconnecting the battery the alarm thinks some sensor was engaged. By the fact that it starts "clicking" for 30 seconds affirms this (the 30sec is the setting for the alarm to remain active and the siren to sound). Same thing with the led. That clicking is also coming from the relay module thats part of the alarm thats used to flash the tail lights and sound the siren/horn.

You're going to have to dig around in the dash and find where the clicking is coming from and disable the main alarm brain.

· Registered
30 Posts
I was replacing my master clutch cylinder and since then my alarm hasn't worked. The light that used to blink just stays solid when I lock the car. No sound when I lock the car but the running lights still blink once when locking and twice when unlocking. There are a ton of wires underneath the steering column but non of them seem to be loose or disconnected.

· Registered
1 Posts
I was replacing my master clutch cylinder and since then my alarm hasn't worked. The light that used to blink just stays solid when I lock the car. No sound when I lock the car but the running lights still blink once when locking and twice when unlocking. There are a ton of wires underneath the steering column but non of them seem to be loose or disconnected.
Hi, did you get to solve this issue with flashing led and beebing. I have a similar problem.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts