Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help on where to buy race helmets for autocross/autox this summer..

so please post up all ur links to online shops or whatever places that got helmets..

tanx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,863 Posts
I don't have a link, but I bought my Simpson helmet at Barnetts in Atlanta for about $189.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
just go to a motorcycle shop...that way you can try them on...</font>
YES! it's a *very* important thing to do! try locally, buy electronically...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,003 Posts
ya know? if there's a 30 or 45 day return policy, i might just go get one and then return it... i know, it's ghetto, but dude, $$ don't grow on trees...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
damn....then i must have bought mine REAL cheap. I got a full-faced black snell 95 for ~100 bucks (as in 101.95 or something, i forget). If you want, i could take a pic if you need further proof or anything. The place i bought it from was a local shop known for domestic performance parts, automotive engineering. I wouldn't mind buying one and shipping it to you guys (you'd pay shipping, of course) if somebody wants to save on helmet costs by paying through me.

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor

[This message has been edited by iranman (edited April 10, 2001).]
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
damn....then i must have bought mine REAL cheap. I got a full-faced black snell 95 for ~100 bucks (as in 101.95 or something, i forget). If you want, i could take a pic if you need further proof or anything. The place i bought it from was a local shop known for domestic performance parts, automotive engineering. I wouldn't mind buying one and shipping it to you guys (you'd pay shipping, of course) if somebody wants to save on helmet costs by paying through me.
</font>
It's easy to find cheap helmets, especially if they are M95 or DOT approved. DOT approved helmets are the cheapest. SA95 helmets tend to be quite expensive.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah..

neway i need SA95 ...would like SA2K though...

i'm not retiring any soon so ;p
eheh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
Depends on what you need...the autocrosses in my area only require snell 95...so i bought a M95 for $80. Y buy something you don't need.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
I have 2, on HJC black and my sweet one Arai.

------------------
97 5spd Base
Altezza 3Gen Taillights
Ractive Intake
Apex'i N1 exhaust
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,628 Posts
www.helmetcity.com
Bought my Bell MAG4 (I like em open face) for $220 shipped. SA2000 and good for at least 5 years. They have a full line of Bell, Simpson and Bieffe helmets along with all of the other things you may need.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
Depends on what you need...the autocrosses in my area only require snell 95...so i bought a M95 for $80. Y buy something you don't need.
</font>
Really depends on how much your head is worth to you as well. I understand that $275 for a helmet is a bit expensive (quite cheap for an SA helmet, though), but most of you don't think twice about a $500 exhaust. Granted, you will probably never be involved in an incident in an autocross, but if you start road racing, I would highly suggest the use of an SA rated helmet, they are usually more suited the car environment (fire resistant).

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
It's easy to find cheap helmets, especially if they are M95 or DOT approved. DOT approved helmets are the cheapest. SA95 helmets tend to be quite expensive.
</font>
I just checked my helmet right now, and does DOES say "Snell 95 Approved." Just makin sure i wasn't given some other certified helmet. Still, though, i haven't seen any other SA95 helmet advertised this low...

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
 

·
too much jdm stuff
Joined
·
842 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's pretty hard to get a street car to burn in flames..

my dad burned in his car 2 minutes long when i was young..
doing stock car ... ;(
he still has a lot of marks on his elbows and legs...

it's cool he had a good suit back then


neway...for autocrossing don't need anti fire helmet..

only need cheap helmet to go race ;p
heeh
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top