Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I would just take the shield off. I have the shield off my helmet. But I can't say that I ever had any problem with it fogging up even when it was still on my helmet... The helmet is only on your head for like at most 90 sec at a time to begin with.

Andrew

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Do you have the vents open? I don't know what else to suggest because I don't have a sheild on mine either...

·
It was a funny angle..
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I have the vents open. I tried it on again last last night and it only foggeg up if I'm breathing really hard or trying to fog it up. I'll just take off the shield anyway for the autocross. Thanks. Joe

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Spit will work but it's a little gross. You can buy a little bottle of antifog from any dive shop for $2. It's just a weak deturgent that keeps water as a film that you can see through, rather than beading up as fog.

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
You can also go to an eyeglass place and get some antifog solution.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
^^^ Yes! The commentators were talking about this during a Speed World Challange race I was watching this weekend!

What the drivers do is take any liquid detergent soap - like dish detergent - and they spread it all over the interior windows. Then you wipe the detergent off with a dry towel. The windows are now clear and clean, and they still have a thin film on them that prevents them from fogging.

I assume that trick would work on a plastic helmet shield. And your helmet will smell lemony fresh! :D

Andrew

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
And if you use Palmolive, your skin will be all nice and fresh! :D

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Oh yeah, but if you use regular dish washing detergent, make sure to water it down quite a bit. The dive stuff is very weak so as not to harm the coating on some dive masks. You would not want to ruin the tint on your windows or helmet either. Personally I would use maybe 1 part detergent for every 10 parts water.

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
shaving cream works too.. either shaving cream or shaving gel. i use it in the bathroom mirrors and the hot showers never fog up the mirrors. super cheep too! just dont go licking it. what you do is put a small amount on. and rub around, then just wipe it dry. it comes off very clear and wont fog at all. what happens is when it does try to fog it sheets the little droplets and evaporates quick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts