Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my leather heated seats stopped working. the drivers nothing works but the light on switch is green. where as the passenger side only the back of the seat gets warm.

any solutions? thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
The heating elements in the seat probably need to be replaced. I would contact a dealership close to you. Many Honda's came with heated seats as an option in Canada (unlike U.S.) and you can probably find a replacement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone had this issue? easy enough to replace the elements? i bet honda wants big chunk of money for em

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Have you checked the wiring?

1. It could be the wire that runs from the heated seat coil to the bottom of the seat
2. It could be the wire that runs from underneath the carpeting to the bottom of the seat.

You can rule out #1 if you can see the wire connector attached to the seat.

For #2, you would have to search for a hole in the carpet under the seat. You may have to take apart your entire carpeting if you cannot find the other ends of the wires. Or trace the wire from the switch to the seat if possible.

Also, see if you can get your hands on a Helm's manual. I know for the 5thgen, the Canadian counterparts are listed in there. So I am assuming that the 4thgen Helm's may be the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leaning towards a heater element problem and not wiring because it worked fine for a while and slowly one by one stopped working. but a double check of all the connections is next on the to do list. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts