Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
If your going to go that far then you also need...
-Insulated intake tube
-Reroute and block FIV and IACV
-Hondata insulated IM gasket

If you think it is nice looking and maybe a cool mod, go for it. If you think it will increase the performance dramatically then save yourself $75.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
If your going to go that far then you also need...
-Insulated intake tube
-Reroute and block FIV and IACV
-Hondata insulated IM gasket

If you think it is nice looking and maybe a cool mod, go for it. If you think it will increase the performance dramatically then save yourself $75.
+2

The heatsoak on my CAI almost makes the "cold air" part worthless. That pipe is so hot in the bay that I constantly wonder how much power I'm actually losing from it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ok CAI question.. even if the outside of the pipe is hot.. shouldnt still the inside of the pipe be cooler.. since its aluminum..? im pretty sure they dont call it a 'cold air' just cuz it draws 'cold air' from under the car... cuz the freeking sotck intake does that..

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
+2

The heatsoak on my CAI almost makes the "cold air" part worthless. That pipe is so hot in the bay that I constantly wonder how much power I'm actually losing from it.
you're losing none, barely minimal if any.

at idle and low rpm's the air will be warmer because it isn't being sucked up as fast. at greater speeds, the air is going so fast that the heat absorption rate of the air is virtually non-existent

ok CAI question.. even if the outside of the pipe is hot.. shouldnt still the inside of the pipe be cooler.. since its aluminum..? im pretty sure they dont call it a 'cold air' just cuz it draws 'cold air' from under the car... cuz the freeking sotck intake does that..
that's the thing. the stock intake is essentially a CAI in of itself. :laugh:
on a good day CAI's get better ratings. on the other good days, the OEM intake gets better ratings. with the lude its pretty much preference and what you think looks better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts