Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how to clean the inside of the head lights??

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Reylogic:
Does any one know how to clean the inside of the head lights?? </font>
Is your housing all foggy? Because that is what happened to mine. If there is a way to clean it so it looks good I would also like to know. I would hate to have buy a whole new housing...

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:

PITA
</font>
Exactly!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Gotta take out the housing and break the seal that holds it shut...then clean....then re-assemble. PITA</font>
Is it more of a pain then buying one? Because my friend used to work at a shop and he is cool with the owner so he told me that he would ask him to find out a price on a new one. What do they usually run? I would think around $120+, but I really have no idea.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'd try to take it apart, clean it, and then reseal really good before I'd ever spend money on new ones. To take apart and clean only costs you your time.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
By the way that estimate would be what I think the dealer would charge. I have no idea the price my friend could get. If someone could how much the dealer charges that would be cool.

·
Registered
148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FukDupt:
Is your housing all foggy? Because that is what happened to mine. If there is a way to clean it so it looks good I would also like to know. I would hate to have buy a whole new housing...

</font>
This started happening to my headlight (driver side). Brought it in to honda and they replaced the entire assembly under warranty.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If its foggy all I did was turn on my headlights and let it run until the fog was gone. It took about half to an hour for it all to dissapear.

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,includeing exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
1,484 Posts
I have the same problem in one of my JDM Fogs. i better solve the problem quick before it rusts the housings out...they aren't cheap to replace.

Neel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts