Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I recently installed a test pipe on my car and it was pretty sweet. Pulls easier from like 3 grand. Anyway I wanted to know if I could get a better header than my DC? Would it be worth it to switch it for the Greddy???

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
yes, imo and many others, DC is doo dooo......

or you can go with a Mugen or SMSP...if its available

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Upgrading the piping will help instead of buying a whole new header...just make sure you have some back pressure ;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I dont know if it has actually been dyno proven mainly from the fact that there arent too many people using the greddy on a 5th gen cause the modifications needed. The greddy is definately better quality header and I have talked to people who have had both and say the greddy header is much better than the dc. Prelude racer on ht.com is one of them and there is 1 person where i live.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
hasnt there been dynos posted that show little to no gains with the DC over stock?

·
Registered
102 Posts
basically you already cleared up the bottle neck in your exhaust system which was the cat, so any other header is going to be just the same, maybe 1-3 hp gain or drop with all the aftermarket headers, you shoulda stayed with stock headers, basically you paid just to get lighter headers. so dont worry about your headers right now unless you really need new one, or want the greddy ones for looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts