Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any actual header dyno sheets, I am interested in one comparing stock to greddy, I want to see how much it will gain. I couldent find any on search. Has anyone ever seen a graph of this on another site????

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ive never seen one, but depending on how many mods you have depends on what kind of power you'll make.

if you have a H22 I wouldn't worry and save up $350 and get
the Greddy Header, best header for the $$$ stay away from
DC on the header unless you already have one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but greddy doesnt make a header for the 5th gen, let alone the SH.

Any idea on what modifications are required to make it fit?

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Mav97SH said:
correct me if im wrong, but greddy doesnt make a header for the 5th gen, let alone the SH.

you need to either cut the header or shorten your exhaust b-pipe..

in your case I would suggest you just get a high flow cat custom length to fit between your brullen and the greddy perfectly.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
MUGEN!!!!!!!!!

mad $$$ tho.....

IIRC there was a dyno for the MUGEN header and it gave 12whp across the board

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
MUGEN!!!!!!!!!

mad $$$ tho.....

IIRC there was a dyno for the MUGEN header and it gave 12whp across the board
I thought the dyno you're referring to (old VTEC.NET was with an AEM intake as well, or it was the catback/header combo). The plots I remember gave the gains progressively from VTEC crossover to redline. Point being is that for the $1k you dish out that gain isn't crap IMHO, yes compared to the alternatives it's a great piece.

I'm certain I have the dyno you're talking about at home but I can't get to that until Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Mav97SH said:

I'll let you know exactly what needs to be done to fit it. I recently bought a Greddy header and it will be here sometime next week. It will be going on a 5th Gen Base model Prelude.
All you need to do is cut the pipe and possibly relocate an O2 sensor bung. I will have pictures when this gets done.

·
6,152 Posts
THATPRELUDEGUY said:

I thought the dyno you're referring to (old VTEC.NET was with an AEM intake as well, or it was the catback/header combo). The plots I remember gave the gains progressively from VTEC crossover to redline. Point being is that for the $1k you dish out that gain isn't crap IMHO, yes compared to the alternatives it's a great piece.

I'm certain I have the dyno you're talking about at home but I can't get to that until Tuesday.
yes correct, it was the one with the Mugen header/exhaust combo, but one day while i was looking for Mugen stuff i came across this dyno plot that compared the stock header to the Mugen header....basically they did a baseline run with the stock header and then installed the Mugen header and nothing else and it yielded some pretty impressive gains...but unfortunately i never found that dyno again so alot of people dont believe me....altho i wouldnt believe myself either without a dyno plot....oh well:(

but for the gains i think $975 is worth it

oh dont forget to get a hi-flow cat, as the stock cat is restrictive and a free flowing exhaust system will free up some ponies:bigthumb:

·
6,152 Posts
well i dont like to buy things used.....especially for my car

but now that i think about it, all the money i spent i could of had a nice turbo setup...:shrug: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :sad:

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ the mugen header is probably the best out of all the mugen products....the exhaust is coo an all, but there's other exhaust that may look/sound/perform better than the mugen. that an the mugen isn't the best for FI :( the header tho is great....much better quality than the DC headers, but probably not much more gains :( I'd be willing to pick up a mugen header, but I'd probably pass on the exhaust. the mugen intake tho is the worst...an it's like 870 dollars :eek: :nono:

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
well i dont like to buy things used.....especially for my car

but now that i think about it, all the money i spent i could of had a nice turbo setup...:shrug: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :sad:
seriously....I've spent so much money it's ridiculous....I could've had a crazy turbo setup if that's where I focused....but that's the problem, I didn't want to only do a turbo right now....other things were needed too ;) :D

·
6,152 Posts
azninside said:

that was for a mugen header/exhaust and an AEM CAI ;) :p there has never been a dyno of ONLY the mugen header, or ONLY the mugen exhaust on a stock prelude :(

yes there was....but it wasnt on here or any other forum.....i came across it while i was searching for mugen parts.....unfortunately i never came across it again:(

·
6,152 Posts
azninside said:

seriously....I've spent so much money it's ridiculous....I could've had a crazy turbo setup if that's where I focused....but that's the problem, I didn't want to only do a turbo right now....other things were needed too ;) :D
yea know that i really think about it, $10 grand can buy a really nice turbo setup and motor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts