Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'd like to get these

but the price is a little much, 200-400 depending on where I look, so I was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experinces with these

HONDA PRELUDE HEADLIGHT SMOKED COVER

Since these are only 14.99 and regularly on eBay. Quality? Light Out Put? Looks? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
IMO I'd say if your going to go with the smoked covers I'd get so e HIDs or something cause I can see with those covers it being hard to see at night. Plus depending on where you live the cops might have an issue with the covers. I'd probably do the projectors if I were you. Just my opinion

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would rather spend the money on the all black, actual headlights but there has to be the extra money to be spent before that can happen and with 2nd gear on the tranny slippin bad there's bigger things to be taken care of first.
I wanna have an all black car with thin spoked, white rims, and this is the cheaper route to go for the moment, but I don't know anything about the quality of the covers or if it will look obvious that there a cover and things like that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
save your money, period. Just get regular projectors without the LED spaceship housings.
I really like the spaceship housing look, it'd be really nice for the element of surprise for drive bys, its like "what's that creeping up on us, that looks really cool", then before they know it BLAM!!!!!!!, plus I really like the way it looks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I really like the spaceship housing look, it'd be really nice for the element of surprise for drive bys, its like "what's that creeping up on us, that looks really cool", then before they know it BLAM!!!!!!!, plus I really like the way it looks.
The only problem with those after market head lights is they aren't made very well and look really cheap in person. Offen the light output isn't that good probably worse than stock. Most of the bulds burn out and the assembly is sealed so you have to take the whole light apart to fix them. If it has the halo tubes or any florecent parts they usually burn out quick as well.

The tinted head lights usually say "For offroad use only" meaning they aren't legal in most if not all states.

Get some HID retrofits done with OEM projectors. The light output can't be matched and the reliability is great because you are using stock parts.
I had mine made by Brian ( prelude1897 ) He does good work and the results are incredible.

I got the Mercedes E55 bixenon projectors and shrouds.

You should just save your money, trust me they are worth it and they are custom so they set you apart.

EDIT: I just saw the price of those lights:eek:
save that money and put it toward the projector retrofits, they are expensive but 100% worth it, just ask other member with retros.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A friend of mine used VHT Nite Shades to black out the lights on his Civic, I'm considering using it for my Prelude. Basically, it's like a spray paint, you paint your lights and they look black, like the headlight covers above, but when you have your lights on they are only SLIGHTLY dimmed.

Nite Shades go from like 10-20$ online depending on where you look.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply, and to bring a dead thread current. I haven't been much in the interweb world lately though with going to school full time and working full time. Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'm going to try and do what Darren's 01 SH was tlking about and have the originals fitted. Very depressing about the aftermarkets not putting out as much light and breaking easy, you'd think for the price they would be worth something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So am I gathering correctly that no one that has looked at this thread has fully inner blackened headlights?

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
I've retrofitted several pairs of those DEPO OE lights for people. I even have a set on my 00 Prelude now. The fitment is great and the quality of the light is almost as good as OEM lights

·
Registered
598 Posts
anzo america makes the nhalo ones you are interested in and they are great quality.
i have those top anzo lights and even though everyone says they are crap i havent had any problems with them and ive had them on for about 6 months now and i do A LOT of night driving and the light output was much better than my stock lights.i also like the HID projector retrofits but idk how to go about getting them but i like my lights despite what anyone says.do what u want man its ur ride :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts