Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XT-100 HD Sony HD Tuner to add to my deck and did not realize that it does not pass through the normal analog over the air signal, only the HD signal. I was wondering if any one has used one of these before and if so is there a way to get the analog back to the deck?
I was thinking about splitting the ant wire and running one to the Tuner and one to the deck. The Tuner uses the Sony Bus to control it and RCA's to push the HD signal to the deck, so the ant does not pass through to the deck, hence no analog...
Did alot of research for my speakers, cap, and amps I'm putting in along with this Tuner, and missed researching this part :(

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
I think you're misunderstanding how the tuner works. After you install it, you set your source to "HD" instead of "Tuner" any time you want to listen to the radio. Regular radio and HD are fed through the "HD" source depending on which is available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand where your comming from, but I won't know for sure until I install it today. The manual states that the regular signal is NOT passed through, hence my issue.
From what I've seen on the reviews I've read I'm going to have to get an ant splitter and feed the deck and tuner, then when I switch between the two I should still get a signal.

Only about 80% of the stations I listen to in my area are broadcasting in HD so I want to make sure the deck can still pick up the ones that don't.
Going to run to radio shack at lunch and see if they have a splitter and will post how it all works out.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
I think you're a bit mistaken. The manual does not state that it doesn't pass standard def radio through. You should try it out before you waste money on a splitter. Take my word for it as an installer or not. Or read more reviews if you need testimony like this:

"When you first tune in to a station you get the analog version, and then a few seconds later the receiver and XT-100HD do a little dance to lock on to the digital mode."

"Using it is a breeze. Once you have it connected, HD will appear as one of your options under Source. Tuner still appears, but no longer works - you will use the HD source for bother regular and HD radio. Once the radio acquires the HD signal, an indicator appears on the display and you press Seek + to go to the HD channel. It's that easy. "

Both taken from Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right ExodusFX, I installed it today while running my amp wires and it works like a champ. The wording is what was screwing me up, because the manual states the the analog tuner will no longer function. I wasn't getting what you said about the tuner not being used anymore because until you hook up the HD and reset the head unit that option does not show up.
This is what happens when your to worried about getting it working and don't pay attention to what people are trying to tell you :)
So yes, analog is passed through to the HD selection now, and it picks up HD stations and switches over to that in a few seconds. Thanks for your input on the matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts