Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Handa Accessories doesn't have under spoilers in my color anymore. Has anyone had them painted on here? About how much should I expect to pay? If it's reasonable, I'm thinking of ordering what they have and taking them to a body shop. Thanks.

·
Granny Shifter
247 Posts
Really? I was gonna say $100 per piece. But rates vary from shop to shop, so shop around and remember that you get what you pay for. (But some shops are just way overpriced.) Get 4-5 estimates before you order the lip kit. Estimates only take like 5 minutes over the phone.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just had my front lip repainted and new side skirts painted for $360 base/clear at a small paint shop that does pretty good work. If that helps you get some what of an idea.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
It really depends on what color your car is. If you have a Red or White Pearl, you're going to be paying quite a bit cause paint itself is pricey. If you have something else, then it shouldn't cost that much.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,182 Posts
I know this sounds realy cheap, but see if you have any "ROC/ROP" around. They are those programs for kids in HS that go to these programs for one or more periods of a day. They learn how to do a bunch of randome job/occupations, and one of them is usually auto body. In my town, they'll paint for free, but you have to supply the paint, etc.(they already have equipment.)

Some people may say you get what you pay for, but I think that is bull-****. You never get what you pay for, not in today's world; that totoally contradicts capitalism(you capitalize on other peoples willingness to pay for something they want ;D )

It may not be as quality as a pro body shop, but it'll save a bunch! Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts