Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danny,

I think you should find some way to stiffen up your engine mounts. Maybe some sort of insert or something. Usually movement of the exhaust and engine makes the headers crack,

Thanks,
Alan
A&J Racing Motorsports
www.aj-racing.com

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i have them, they are great, exacept the rear is real ***** to install, bigger ***** than clearing tailights, or anything...i tihnk you have to pull the motor to get ther rear one in? possibly..anyways, for 30 bucks it's worthwhile

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I mean the manifold cracking because of engine movement? I know about the urethan inserts, but I really don't think I would want to sacrifice that much ride quality.

·
Registered
188 Posts
wait, i thought this guy is danny, and someone wrote him an e-mail saying this to him. if thats the case, then what else can you insert into your engine mounts to stiffen them up that wont affect ride quality? i guess they'll mostly affect idle quality, well anyways

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for all the confusion, I am Danny and that was the letter from AJ about my concerns on the spoon header (or any other after-market headers for that fact). Now, I can understand why the factory header has two huge braces to hold it in place. I thought that the urethane engine mounts made the car really uncomfortable during idle, and since I drive mostly in stop and go traffic wouldn’t that be a pain in the rear? Should I look into having the shop weld an extra flange to the spoon header so I can bolt it back onto the factory brace, or should I just not worry about it anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I once cracked a flex pipe at the drag strip.

They tend to take the abuse from launching and burn outs. Easy to replace though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts