Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just raced my friends stock S4 i think its a 2001...

we did a rolling start and from stop.

from rolling to end of 3rd gear he was only able to pull 1-2 cars at most

from stop he pulled about 3 but im not used to launching had too much wheel hop

I have an AEM cold w/air ram, dc header, apexi ws, msd ignition, egr/coolant by pass. and had my spare tire and rear seats out.. i was surprised that my car kept up.. and he was surprised kind of dissapointed that he couldnt really beat me by much.

I thought i would get crushed.. i shifted at 7600 well thats what i set my autometer to.

i could probably take his car if i get the vafc tuned.

i think S4 are 14.3 stock

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i almost took my friends stock s4 from a rolling start but if it had mods yeah it would be fast....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well you cant really compare prelude 23 car to yours.. becuase he has a JDM and I think that makes more horse power stock than our motors does... so thats why he always winning.. becuase i think the stock S4 wheel horse power is like 170 becuase of 4 wheel drive etc.. they lose a lot.. so you cant compare his car to yours if you had his engine it would be a different story...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
prelude 23 for my next mod.. i was either thinking of getting vafc and tune or crower stage 2 cams or maybe even the smsp header..but i dont know what the gains are until i see someone from our board install it and dyno it you know what i mean. what do you think i should do next. so far.. i have AEM cold, dc cc header, apexi ws exhaust, msd ignition, pulley, thats it with weight reduction. from a rolling start i stay even with my friends s4. so i think im under 15.0 sec quarter.
be their stock is 14.3 i believe.
thanks for any input

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh yeah i did the ob2 work around and egr and coolant bypass
yeah i was going to get the N1 but too loud... so far im happy with the ws exhaust i knew that it woudl be restrictive but it is an improvement from my stock from butt dyno.
now im just thinking either cam, smsp header or vafc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.