Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,007 Posts
I wouldn't trust them... of course they would be responsible... I shipped out my Mugen wheels and properly packed themand they ALL came out damaged when they were delivered (by FedEx). :mad: When I sent them back out again, I tripled packed them to make sure they got there the same condition I shipped them.

Keith

·
artificially sweet
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they have tires on them? I figure if I really protect the face of the rim it should be OK right? Grrr... I hate selling stuff.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
if they have tires, it would protect them more, but your costs are going to go way up. i have shipped rims and rims w/tires. both ways i have always used boxes to ship them in. i would suggest one rim per box with plenty of bubblewrap etc.

they will probably really screw you on packageing costs at a ups store, etc.

·
Machinezellet
432 Posts
I shipped steelies with snow tires just by taking them to FedEx and setting them on the counter. They just slapped a label on each one :)

I was shipped 5 rims with tires by I think UPS. The shipper protected each with a couple layers of cardboard front and back and wrapped tons of packing tape all across each one. That not only kept the cardboard from coming off, but also protected it from being punctured and teared. They arrived perfectly.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I would stay away from UPS Store as well. I have shipped rims and tires before and it was around $60. I went to the UPS Store and shipped a set of rims and tires and it cost me $160. BIG DIFFERENCE.

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
i shipped a set of te37's back in the day and all i did was used some cardboard to cover the face of the wheel so it wouldn't scratch and wheeled it into UPS. the guy received it w/ no problems.
SAM

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
Neel shipped me a spare SSR in a regular wheel sized box. I don't recall any padding at all and it arrived perfectly. :shrug:

That was no help at all. :laugh:

·
Sarah is my baby
3,739 Posts
I shipped 4 OEM wheels/tires with no boxes at all. I just got some 5" long bolts and nuts, and bolted each pair face-to-face with a few layers of bubble wrap in between, using the lug holes to run the bolts through. The tires prevent the wheels from actually contacting and protect the rest of the wheel. I may not do this for high dollar aftermarket wheels, but these were just stockers. It was pretty cheap to ship, like $44 or something like that.

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
atlxchink said:
i shipped a set of te37's back in the day and all i did was used some cardboard to cover the face of the wheel so it wouldn't scratch and wheeled it into UPS. the guy received it w/ no problems.
SAM
I shipped my Volks out the same way with a little extra cardboard to be safe and they got to the destination perfectly fine. That's how Wheel Options even shipped them to me when I bought them new.
I really miss those wheels.

·
sis0rueN
758 Posts
I shipped some ADR wheels way back in my Prelude beginnings...

They had tires attached and I did the following:

Foam pad on front and back face of the rim (like 2" egg crate) cut round to cover rim AND tire.
Covererd the foam pad with a piece of cardboard, that I cut to size (round)
Used packing tape to strap materials ALL the way around, in a + pattern.

All rims arrived undamaged, from CA to MD, via UPS ground.

·
12,807 Posts
shipped some rims to see from a ups store (olympic and sawtelle). Guy was really cool and it wasn't overly expensive. He packaged them for me too. I don't remember how much, but i remember i was expecting to pay A LOT more than i did.

·
Official *snow* Hater
751 Posts
kyle5574 said:
I shipped steelies with snow tires just by taking them to FedEx and setting them on the counter. They just slapped a label on each one :)

I was shipped 5 rims with tires by I think UPS. The shipper protected each with a couple layers of cardboard front and back and wrapped tons of packing tape all across each one. That not only kept the cardboard from coming off, but also protected it from being punctured and teared. They arrived perfectly.
Yup, that's what I did when I shipped my OZ's. They had tires on them and I double boxed and taped the sh!t out of them. The reportedly arrived in perfect shape.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts